Job DescriptionThe Application Development Manager is a member of the IT Adjustments department working in an iSeries environment. You will be responsible for successfully executing Software Design, Development initiatives, and Projects while leading direct and indirect team members within a diverse environment.
We’re looking for a dynamic leader with an aptitude for engineering quality software who understands performance efficiencies, data structures and designs. Strong organizational skills, integrity, the ability to easily pivot, Software Development Lifecycle experience, and preferably a background in iSeries and/or legacy mainframe development are key attributes for success. Your responsibilities will include:
Leadership and Team Development:
- You will set team goals and objectives based on business knowledge and customer requirements; ensure achievement of those objectives; discuss and support career goals of work group(s); and deliver all phases of performance management program.
- Commitment to ensuring teams adheres to the highest degree of integrity and Code of Conduct standards.
- You will hire resources, lead and mentor team members through strategic deployment, development and performance management.
Customer Relationship Management:
- You will own your own functional area and successfully execute quality projects/initiatives that fall under that area.
- You will participate in IT project planning for one or more business areas; review progress, communicate regularly with clients, and make modifications as necessary.
- You will provide quantitative cost/benefit analyses.
- Ensure team is following work, documentation, certification, and audit requirements, as needed.
- You will meet scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Consult with customers during execution of projects to ensure needs are being met.
- Ensure team collaboration and remove obstacles to accomplishment of project components.
- Develop services and service level agreements; educate customers on service related information and continually improve related processes.
- 2+ years of direct technical team lead or supervisory experience in an information systems environment managing
full-time employees, contractors, and offshore resources.
- 9+years of demonstrated excellence in an IS environment, preferably iSeries or legacy mainframe.
- 5+ years effectively leading project teams (small, medium, and large projects)
- 3+ years handling IT customer requirements and demands
Education Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience required, with two additional years of experience required for each year of college not attained. Business Overview
- 2+ years IBM System i (AS/400), Synon/2, RPG experience.
- PBM industry experience a plus.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/