Job Description The VP, Clinical Informatics andInteroperability, reporting directly to the EVP, Enterprise CMO, is responsiblefor the strategy related to clinical systems and operations, configuration ofprovider workflow, and interoperability of clinical data exchange. This isaccomplished through close partnership with the enterprise business leaders andenterprise technology and system teams. The VP, Clinical Informatics and Interoperability plays a vital role inthe Executive Team’s strategic planning process, providing the leadership,expertise, and vision necessary to support development of key initiatives andsolutions. This role sets the enterprise strategy and vision for clinicalsystems and interoperability, including the electronic medical records system,population health management platform and other complementary systems thatsupport patient health. The VP, Clinical Informaticsand Interoperability is also responsible for vendor and affiliate relationships as well asrepresenting CVS Health to provide solutions and guidance to key partners. This role is also responsible to provide guidance,recommendations and technical solutions to the CMO, and other senior businessleaders.
1. Enterprise strategy and support
· LeadEpic Center of Excellence by setting the enterprise strategy in partnershipwith the IT Vice Presidents for retail and PBM
· Setvision and strategic direction of enterprise clinical systems andinteroperability in collaboration with business leaders and enterprisetechnology teams
· Actas lead subject matter expert regarding data exchange between CVS Health andexternal partners
· RepresentCVS Health externally in collaboration with the EVP, Chief Medical Officer
· Identify opportunities for growth and systemicsolution opportunities
· Provide guidance, recommendations andtechnical solutions to the EVP, ChiefMedical Officer and other seniorbusiness leaders across the organization related to clinical systems andinteroperability
2. Clinical systems
· Leadthe strategy related to the design and configuration of provider workflowswithin the enterprise clinical systems in collaboration with enterprise ITdelivery teams
· Partnerwith senior leaders to provide guidance and leadership for expandedimplementation of clinical systems to new business units including Accordant,Coram, Omnicare, front store clinicals, and PBM
· Leadwork related to complementary systems and services
· OverseeMinuteClinic liaison responsible for MC IT strategy, integration support for businesses,products and new clinical services and connectivity with providers
· Actas the executive sponsor for the Population Health Management platform,providing the overall strategy of use, implementation design and futureevolution vision
3. Interoperability and connectivity
· Partnerwith enterprise business leaders to develop and optimize internalinteroperability between retail, clinical, pharmacy
· Partnerwith external vendors and affiliates to incorporate CVS Health data to advanceour ability to provide high quality health care
· Providestrategic thought leadership on clinical interoperability to increaseproductivity and efficiency across Clinical Services
· RepresentCVS Health to the Sequoia Project and the Office of the National Coordinatorspecifically in regards to clinical interoperability
4. Vendor and affiliate relationships
· Leadand manage key vendor and affiliate relationship by meeting with correspondingleaders, including CEO’s, CIO’s and other external Senior Leaders Sponsor and representCVS Health and Clinical Services in partnership with the Veterans Affairs toprovide clinical service solutions to veterans.
· Superior technical skill, and an in-depth knowledge of clinical systems, interoperability, connectivity, and clinical affiliate relationships, including demonstrated experience identifying and utilizing best practices and performance benchmarks. Preferred Qualifications · Outstanding administrative leadership capacity, excellent communication skills, and commitment to a diverse workforce. · Experience as a senior executive officer in a hospital or healthcare organization of substantial size and complexity with clinical systems, external relationship management and broad leadership responsibilities. · A seasoned and skillful leader with a record of recruiting, developing, and mentoring a diverse and talented staff. A person who places a high priority on the professional development of staff through delegation of responsibility and expert tutelage. · A record of ensuring that organizational and budgetary arrangements are aligned to optimize the ability to reach organizational goals.
N/AEducationBachelor's degree in business, technology or related field. Master's degree preferred Business Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/