Job Description POSITION SUMMARY: This position will report to a Senior Environmental Manager and will support the manager in the development and implementation of environmental compliance programs for all CVS Health facilities and management of environmental real estate matters on new and existing properties. The Environmental Specialist will have good working knowledge of major federal environmental regulations. This position will research regulatory requirements and determine applicability under the supervision of a manager. Working with a Manager, the Environmental Specialist position will interact with business partners to identify compliance requirements applicable to CVS operations. In addition, this position will be a technical resource to all CVS Health Business Units. General knowledge of hazardous waste, brown fields, water, and air regulations is required. Experience working on environmental matters in a retail setting is desired but not required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: List the top four or five primary responsibilities of the position in the space provided below, indicating the most important functions first and the approximate percentage of time spent on each.
Required Qualifications - 1+ years of MS Office experience, either academically or professionally, required
1. Development and implementation of environmental compliance programs and processes including performing applicability assessments, development of compliance strategies, process design, collaborating with business partners, development of training modules.
2. Coordinate and assist in the environmental due diligence process associated with new property acquisitions, leases and/or sale-lease back transactions, including review of technical reports, identifying and elevating environmental risk to a Manager, consultant management, coordinating with business partners and external vendors.
3. Building and maintaining working relationships with key corporate partners, Corporate Compliance, Operations teams, Facilities Team, Legal, Construction, Lease Administration and other business unit partners to facilitate program development and implementation.
4. Preparing written materials including reports, presentations, or other collateral to support the educations and awareness of environmental matters.
5. Interacting with State and Federal regulatory agencies to resolve compliance matters as well as Professional Associations to maintain knowledge of emerging issues and business trends.
Preferred Qualifications - 2+ years of professional experience required, part-time jobs and internships included. Experience coming directly from consulting, engineering, corporate retail, or Environmental Health & Safety strongly preferred
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proficient in communicating and solving complex environmental matters related to environmental regulations found under Federal and State environmental statutes such as the Clean Water Act-NPDES, CERCLA, Clean Air Act, RCRA, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Willingness to travel on occasion
Education Verifiable High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degrees strongly preferred Business Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/