Job DescriptionAs the Senior Director of Clinical Program Design, you will be a vital leader and contributor to advancing our Prescription Benefit Management (PBM) product portfolio. You will be critical to the successful growth of the PBM business, and will drive new innovation that will have a profound impact on the future direction of the company overall! You will engage across many functions of the PBM, with particular emphasis on scoping and directing multiple teams in disruptive and
innovative advancements through strategic analysis, solution ideation, design, testing, development, and measurement. You will also lead the planning, design, and execution of pilot programs. You will work closely with senior executives and business partners at all levels of the organization to understand the business and market, to guide teams to solve problems, and to rapidly deliver new products.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the program design and structure of all clinical and adherence programs, such as Transform Care, Pharmacy Advisor,
Clinical Stars, and all new clinical program innovation. Partner with
individual product owners on initial program design and ongoing enhancements to
product design to maximize effectiveness of improving health outcomes.
- Leading the strategy and development of research and analyses focused on improving clinical outcomes through our program design
- Partnering with product teams to measure the effectiveness of existing program design and identify actions and tactics to improve outcomes
- Gathering and synthesizing insights on patient needs and pain points toward the goal of developing program design hypotheses for testing
- Partnering with product teams to rapidly test new product designs and enhancement to product designs, measure the results of those tests, and align on the best design decisions to scale widely
- Partnering with Medical team in researching and synthesizing internal and industry publications on evidence related to interventions that improve health outcomes in chronic conditions
- Serve as primary liaison and partner to key internal and external stakeholders regarding clinical program design decisions, including our Medical team, our account teams, key clients, and others
- Using superior analytical skills and logic to prepare material and presentations for the business in a way that adds value, is easily understood by others who may not have the same background or expertise, and improves the operational efficiency of the business.
- Use sound logic, robust fact base, and strategic thinking to identify and prioritize the opportunities that will ultimately drive projects and programs
A successful Senior Director within the PBM Innovation Team will have the ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analysis or measure success. You will also have proven capability conducting and managing quantitative analysis, with the highest
level of attention to detail.
You will be most successful possessing the ability and willingness to “learn on the fly” to understand and solve complex problems. Finally, you will have highly developed relationship-building and influencing skills to foster effective working relationships across the team and the organization.
Required Qualifications*6+ years of demonstrated direct people leadership experience, managing teams either directly or indirectly across multiple locations and functions.
*4+ years of Clinical experience in a healthcare, Pharmacy or PBM Setting
*Experience with Disease Management or Healthcare Product design
Preferred Qualifications*PBM experience is preferred
*MBA is preferred
EducationPharmacy (PharmD or Bachelor's of Pharmacy) or other advanced degree in the medical field is required
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/