- Social Responsibility
- Resource Library
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you looking for a fast paced and dynamic environment? Do you have a passion for helping others?
Exciting opportunity for a Pharmacist Intern to join our Omnicare team in St Louis, MO. As a Pharmacist Intern, you would work under the direct supervision and mentor-ship of a pharmacist as part of the team to ensure patients receive specialty medication in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, accurately entering prescription information, contacting patients to arrange delivery or set a pickup date, corresponding with prescribers to clarify prescription information, filling prescriptions, preparing orders for delivery, maintaining adequate inventory, resolving insurance issues, assisting with prior authorizations, helping walk-in customers, performing cash register transactions. As an Omnicare Pharmacist Intern, excellent customer service skills will be needed.
Prepare and process medications through actions that may entail data entry, and/or resolving customer service issues and/or processing medication through the automation equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels. Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs. Mix pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions.
• Keep automation equipment operating at optimal levels by providing product, picks and inventory in a timely manner and as scheduled.
• Work with local EMT’s and OEM help desk and Omnicare Automation Services to identify machine abnormalities, breakdowns and failures. Provide detailed description of events and able to recreate scenarios when possible.
• Review facility pre-list and prepare 30/31 day cards with the appropriate drug.
• Assist in bagging and boxing drugs according to the facility and work with the staging department to ensure boxes or bags are taken to the warehouse in a timely manner.
• Communicate with nursing staff to obtain/provide key information.
• Resolve customer complaints, issues and concerns
• Research questions, issues and concerns as directed by management
• Answer incoming customer calls
• Maintain inventories using usage reports and provides supplies to facilities as necessary.
• Key customer orders
• Communicate with customers on STAT status
• Ensure and maintain a safe and clean work environment
• Comply with local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Certification/licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law.
• 1 year previous experience as a pharmacy technician or Long term care pharmacy experience preferred or 6 months customer service experience or 6 months data entry experience preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and well developed verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible
• Good math and analytic skills
• Excellent organization skills and detail oriented
• Must understand basic pharmacology; abbreviations, brand and generic comparisons in order to interpret prescriptions for filling.
• Ability to maintain composure on the phone when handling customer calls
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
CVS Health core values of Innovation, Collaboration, Caring, Integrity, and Accountability not only support our purpose of helping people on their path to better health for our customers and patients, but they also apply to how we support our more than 250,000 colleagues. You will find our culture at CVS Health, and our leaders encourage personal and professional growth.