Job DescriptionIn this role as the Oracle Data Warehouse Architect, you will coach and mentor Database Developers on your team, recommend and establish standards, guidelines, and procedures for the design and maintain database applications, evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools, and provide technical leadership on development projects.
In addition, you will facilitate the analysis and ensure common understanding of operational and analytical business data requirements and craft physical data models with a data modeling tool like ERwin. Generate and execute DDL to build databases, tables, and views.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and crafting table partitions, indexes and assist with the cleansing and maintenance of the databases.
- Participating in data model review board discussions and in support design reviews and code walk throughs to ensure high quality work.
- Collaborate closely with the project teams to produce realistic effort estimates, ensuring task completion within estimates, identifying and communicating variances as early as possible.
- Work with upstream system architects, developers and program managers to resolve data issues and drive collection of data needed by business customers.
- Evolve and support the basic tenets of good data architecture.
- Work on one or more projects at all stages of the system life-cycle (define, design, and build).
This position must be located in Smithfield, RI ONLY. Telecommuting and remote work not available.
- 5 years hands on expertise in working with large and complex data warehouse systems with hands-on data architecture experience.
- 5 years designing and writing PL/SQL for Oracle databases and hands-on experience in database and SQL performance tuning.
- 5 years full application development life-cycle (analysis, architecture, design, development, testing and deployment)
- 3 years’ with version control practices/procedures and with data modeling techniques, including 3rd normal form, dimensional data models, star/snowflake schemas, etc.
EducationBachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field OR High School Diploma/GED accompanied by adequate years of related work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ in-depth knowledge of multiple data modeling tools like ERWin and the customization required to build a DDL for Oracle.
- 5 years’ experience working with optimization of data models, queries, views to support data processing and reporting requirements.
- Good social and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work in a shared environment
- Ability to communicate clearly
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/