Job DescriptionJoin Fortune 7 CVS Health as the RPG/Synon Application Development Advisor responsible and accountable for the quality and cohesion of solution architecture components within PBM and RxClaim applications, and their conformance to approved CVS Health IT standards and procedures. You will ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives of the supported unit. In this role you will serve as a Senior Application Developer/Lead providing industry leading technical direction and guidance to the RxClaim application development teams to ensure appropriate and cost effective application of CVS Health approved technologies.
As part of the Rx Claim Adjudication team, you will be expected to be proficient in all critical functions of the application development and will champion SDLC methodologies with a deep understanding of best practices to ensure that quality standards are met. We believe for success you should have flexibility, possess a positive outlook, discernment, and inspire change within a fast growing environment.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- You will lead development estimation activities and present to senior leaders.
- You will make certain appropriate and effective data integration across multiple applications
- You will provide solutions and design complex functionality within the RxClaim application (adjudication area)
- You will positively mentor and lead assigned team projects and mentor junior resources as needed
- You will review technical solutions and document projects, for example: Analysis & Designs Program specifications and Code Reviews
- You will help define standards / methodologies / guidelines, and ensure compliance while aligning solutions to the RxClaim application architecture.
- 5 years experience and a deep understanding of AS/400 application development
- 3 years of application development experience in RPG, RPGLE and CL; Synon2/E (aka COOL 2/E)
- 3 years of IBMi SQL experience
- 5 years of recent experience leading concurrent technical projects on IBM iSeries required
Education Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of related professional experience in combination with years of education. Business Overview
- Demonstrated successful completion of several medium to large scope projects; proficiency working on all phases of SDLC and with problem determination and resolution through research and fact finding.
- Experience with RxClaim or other PBM Adjudication system is preferred
- Experience in COBOL will be a plus
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/