Job DescriptionThe Application Development Senior Manager will provide leadership and guidance for design, development, and implementation of application projects and Tier 3 production support of application code within core RxClaim Adjudication for a key large client. You will maintain relationships between IT and senior business leaders to ensure that IT is proactively identifying and providing strategic opportunities to advance the business goals, through technology. In this role you will lead a team of development resources, who identify, design and deliver technology solutions to achieve defined business objectives.
We believe you should have superb communication, build and maintain successful teams and business relationships, and adapt within a fast-growing environment.
- You are accountable for coordinating with required IT colleagues to ensure appropriate IT resources required to support the development and maintenance of applications in their area is effectively pulled together.
- You will establish and report on project and SLAs to ensure that work is delivered efficiently, effectively and that processes are continually improved for both the internal and external customer.
- You will communicate and present complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, to audiences at various levels.
- You will coach and mentor a team in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- You will participate in budgeting, capital planning processes and quality improvement activities for the organization.
- You will work with your staff on their development and training plans to build and develop.
- You will be the IT Project Owner, as required for projects and coordinate project efforts and deliver value to our customers.
- You will partner with business leaders to prioritize and deliver IT solutions to enable business goals & objectives.
- 8+ years total IT experience with a minimum of 3 years managing IT development teams and direct resource management.
- 5+ years experience working with other leaders to maximize reuse of work and data, share knowledge and expertise, identify opportunities to streamline and improve the consistency of work processes, and effectively support work efforts that span multiple applications areas.
- 5+ years experience in handling multiple concurrent projects and priorities as well as the ability to handle rapid and frequent changes in priorities.
- 3+ years experience establishing and reporting on project and service level metrics.
- 3+ years leadership experience including resource planning, delegating, estimating and prioritizing work and team development.
- 5+ years experience with creating and facilitating presentations, adept in MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- 5+ years development experience in numerous IT applications, tools, languages and infrastructure.
- 5+ years experience enhancing development standards and understanding of IT security and compliance remediation activities.
- 5+ years experience with SDLC, software development life-cycle.
- Experience in the development and management of an annual budget, including financial analysis.
- Understanding of software product line management (ROI, COGs, labor and asset). ITIL framework of service management standard methodologies.
- Knowledge of the PBM industry is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma/GED accompanied by related equivalent work experience.
- Masters in Computer Science or Information Systems, preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/