Job Description If you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do, being recognized for your talent and expertise in solving complex and challenging problems, and contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives, consider growing your career with a Fortune 10 company that is a leader in Healthcare. The individual selected for this highly visible position is a key contributor within CVS Health’s pharmaceutical business.
This Senior Business Analyst (internal title: Sr. Consultant) position is within a fast-paced environment, providing the right individual with an opportunity for career advancement and the ability to directly and positively impact CVS Health’s business performance across the high-focus area surrounding expired pharmaceutical returns and recalls.
The Analyst will manage return goods relationships with key pharmaceutical suppliers with particular attention to resolving financial results. The Senior Business Analyst’s responsibilities will include:
- Delivering best in class financial results with accuracy, discipline and diligence, in a highly visible fast pace and evolving marketplace
- Proactively identifying opportunities, to create business solutions while supporting leadership team’s ad hoc inquiries by preparing analysis and presentations
- Managing multiple priorities for internal and external partners
- Preparing presentations that effectively deliver key facts, findings, and a compelling narrative to internal and external stakeholders
- Own the analysis of key business drivers in financial reconciliations with top pharmaceutical supplier to support strategic business decisions and proactively highlight issues
- Developing and managing sound working relationships with external supplier business partners to evaluate opportunities, while collaborating to resolve business critical concerns
- Engaging across all business segments within a Fortune 12 company to drive results and resolve issues, delivering incremental EBIT to the Enterprise annually.
Required Qualifications - 2+ years analytical experience required Preferred Qualifications - Ability to demonstrate superior problem solving skills with a strong working knowledge of spreadsheets, database and presentation software, including MS Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and work successfully both independently and with a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting priorities as needed and meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to positively interact with clients, direct reports, peers, supervisors, and/or senior executives
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal form, in a manner that is clear, logical and consistent, including the ability to present findings and influence decisions across all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft Access
- Prior corporate work experience in external/client interfacing role
- Prior experience working in supply chain management or inventory or similar area
- Prior experience working in fast paced, ever changing environmentEducation - Verifiable Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required. Business Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/