Job Description Under direction of the Account Payable Manager, this position will function as a supervisor for a team of accounts payable clerks dedicated to the processing of CVS merchandise or expense payable. The expectation of the Supervisor is to direct and provide the daily activities and processes of the corporate accounts payable department as well as managing our partnership distributions. This person will assist in the strategic direction of the department as well as help with hands on work. The expectation of the supervisor is to manage and provide the daily activities and processes of the accounts payable team. The supervisor will have an active role in performing reviews and coaching the staff in an effort to enhance productivity, accuracy, and efficiency among the team.
Job Responsibilities :
- Manages a team of 5-8 staff members to complete the day to day processing of Accounts Payable duties and cross train on individual tasks/processes
- Handle/work with team members on the more complicated vendor correspondence issues and assist team members with questions on vendor issues
- Work with external vendors and internal cross-functional departments to drive execution and completion of any issues that arise regarding invoice processing/dispute resolution in a timely manner
- Review Cash Discount disputes and communicate with supplier. Work with the AP Manager on more complex cash discount issues.
- Communicate daily with the AP Manager on the team’s workload, backlogs, open issues and review workflow and/or restructure workload as deemed necessary
- Review/Analyze metrics for the area as well as aiding in metric development
- Assist AP Manager with interviews for open positions and oversee the training of new hires
- Write and communicate mid-year and annual reviews, including coaching for development
- Lead and execute business process initiatives, including continuous A/P process improvements and system enhancements, leveraging technology and best practices involving cross functional stakeholders
- Perform area specific functions including: Review manual repayments, review/distribute Recycle Report, review/oversee Duplicate Payment Report (SAP and PeopleSoft) corrections, reconcile SAP to PeopleSoft feed, perform reconciliations/journal entries, and perform SOX Audits functions
- Perform other duties as assigned . Required Qualifications - 1+ years of accounting experience required, Accounts Payable specific experience strongly preferred
- 1+ years of Supervisor, Manager, or Team Lead Experience
- 1+ years of MS Office experience Preferred Qualifications - Excellent decision making ability and independent reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written and strong interpersonal skills) with an ability to communicate professionally with staff, leadership
- Ability to recognize and formulate change for areas of improvement in order to increase productivity and efficiency
- Displays a high degree of organizational agility to help the A/P department to react quickly and successfully to the development of new efficiencies, processes, and/or technologies or sudden shifts in overall market conditions
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and delegate assignments to staff members
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service while maintaining the financial systems, ethical standards and compliance with internal policies, procedures and controls
- Excellent ability to work with others internal to Accounts Payable and outside of Accounts Payable
- Experience working in multiple ERP systems, specifically Hyperion, SAP, and PeopleSoft
- Experience within a large, retail organization
- Clear understanding of Accounts Payable and Accounts Payable best practices Education- Verifiable Associates degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor's degrees in finance or accounting preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/