Job DescriptionIT Project Manager Advisor position responsible for managing numerous complex programs and projects that may span multiple lines of business and/or have significant dependencies on other large projects.
These projects are one-time, multitask jobs that have clearly defined start and end dates, a specific scope of work, a budget, required resources, and a specified performance objective to be achieved. Assignments are highly complex, have major associated risks with high visibility, and can be sensitive or widely varied requiring experience in applying and adapting project management techniques.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Responsible for leading one or more (medium to large) projects and/or programs.
· Overseeing the successful collection, definition and documentation of all project requirements.
· Clearly define and communicate roles, responsibilities and expectations for all members of the project team.
· Obtain and define staffing requirements and forming project teams.
· Independently planning all associated work to meet project goals.
· Assess project performance and implementing changes as necessary to ensure the projects remains within specified cost, schedule, scope, and quality objectives.
· Develop metrics, procedures, objectives and methods to assess project progress while utilizing established standards and quality objectives.
· Conduct project and program kick-off meetings.
· Ensure all project team members have the tools and training necessary to perform effectively
· Record, track and communicate issues, risks, changes, and status reports.
· Ensure all required project documentation is completed, approved and posted for audit.
· Accurately and consistently forecast project labor, material, and contract costs.
· Drive all project and program tasks to completion with quality.
· Develop and maintain up-to-date detailed project schedules and work plans.
· Communicate status of all projects to stakeholders and management.
· Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with project sponsors, key stakeholders, vendors and key clients.
· Provides creative and innovative approaches to meet work plan objectives.
Seeks guidance only on critical and politically sensitive issues. Required Qualifications· 8 + years of demonstrated IT project management experience including managing one or more large complex IT product/software development cycles/projects.
Demonstrated experience in executing complex projects over previous 5 years. Preferred Qualifications· Experience working in a PMO (Project Mgt Office) environment as Project Lead or Project Manager for highly complex projects.
· Demonstrates proficient knowledge of project management procedures and techniques.
· Ability to use and define technical details of defined work.
· Demonstrates leadership ability in providing clear vision, goals and expectations.
· Looks for process improvement opportunities to reduce duplication of effort, improve work quality and boost morale.
· Workforce planning and resource management skills.
· Ability to function and manage in a matrixed environment.
· Understanding of IT roles and responsibilities.
· Demonstrates proficient skills in negotiation and risk management.
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills
· Highly developed presentation skills; demonstrated successful results with delivering quality presentations in executive level meetings.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/