Job DescriptionWhat We Do
Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com What We Do Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you looking for a fast paced and dynamic environment? Do you have a passion for helping others? As a Pharmacist in Charge you will work in an exciting, dynamic and fast paced environment, ensuring the continuation of pharmacy management's goals and objectives within the dispensing pharmacy.
- Communicates and educates staff on pharmacy-related issues including, but not limited to,regulatory changes/compliance, FDA drug recalls, drug information, sample medications, and investigation studies.
- Implements quality assurance programs for pharmacy services designed to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of patient care, pursue opportunities to improve patient care, and resolve identified problems. QA programs should be designed to prevent and detect drug diversion.
- Implements and maintains a pharmacy technician training manual for the specific practice setting of which he/she is in charge.
- Supervises a training program conducted pursuant to the training manual for all individuals employed by the pharmacy who will assist in the practice of pharmacy.
- Maintains a record of all technicians successfully completing the pharmacy’s technician training program.
- Attests to the Board in a timely manner those persons who have met the training requirements necessary for registration with the Board
- Implements policies and procedures for the procurement, storage, security and disposition of drugs and devices.
- Assures that all pharmacists and interns employed at the pharmacy are currently licensed and that all pharmacy technicians employed are currently registered with the board (where state law requires).
- Makes or files any reports required by state or federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Responds to the board regarding any warning notice issued by the Board.
- Implement policies and procedures for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of prescription information and patient health care information, and ensures that all employees of the pharmacy read, sign, and comply with the established policies and procedures.
- Implements written policies and procedures to specify the duties to be performed by pharmacy technicians.
- Ensures pharmacy is in compliance with all local, state, and federal accrediting rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy.
- Serves as a primary source of information and responds to internal and external customer questions or clarification of information.
- May perform various duties associated with narcotic room compliance to include but not limited to reporting of periodic pharmacy self-surveys for controlled substances prescription accuracy, respond to and resolve regulatory surveyor’s inquires related to compliance issues, contact physician to receive hard copy of prescription and perform drug recall surveillance and reporting
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
- Schedule: Rotating M-F, Every 3rd Saturday and rotating on-call; after training 3 days of the week the hours will be 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.Required Qualifications- BS Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Current license to practice pharmacy in good standing
- At least two (2) years of related pharmacist experience
- Ability to work weekends and after hours as needed
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English Preferred Qualifications- At least one (1) year of related pharmacy management experience
- At least two (2) years of long term care experience
- Knowledge of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacist guidelines for practice, state and federal regulations, and drug indicators for long term care centers
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to to work independently to plan, develop and coordinate pharmacy activities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex topics using reasoning abilities to apply advanced mathematical concepts and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of all government regulations impacting upon pharmacy
Education- BS Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm.D
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/