As an IT Project Manager, you will provide project management support to current and ongoing projects managed within CVS Health. You will coordinate efforts across multi-functional teams within the organization to ensure that projects meet all deliverables and manage projects through their full life-cycles. You will be responsible for interfacing and communicating with upper management of the Company to provide project review status updates.
As part of the Project Management Organization (PMO), you will participate in the development of change strategy while managing project plans and timelines, including estimates, requirements, design, construction, test, deployment, and benefit tracking. You will focus on recommending organizational change interventions to achieve results for projects with far-reaching cultural change implications. You will help to establish a project strategy to transition and migrate management for IT-related projects that achieve client and internal partner goals. You will partner with the Technology and Business teams to ensure that all projects adhere to both scope and development standards.
You will follow System Engineering Process (SEP) methodology and Project Management professional practices to the development and improvement of the standard project management tool kit utilized by CVS
Health. You will work with partners to define and acquire all the necessary resources and support for project goals. You will partner with other Project Leads and Project Owners in the day-to-day oversight of projects, ensuring adherence to PMO standards and guidelines.
This role is located in Buffalo Grove, IL.
Additional responsibilities of the IT Project Manager include: * Conducting Project Kick-Off meetings, identifying all project contributors, taking meeting minutes, defining and clarifying project roles, and responsibilities.
- Providing leadership for the development of operational timelines and estimates from project team members and prioritizing tasks accordingly.
- Crafting project deliverables, ensuring their use by leaders and updating deliverables as projects mature while partnering with Finance to guarantee projects stay within budget.
Driving organizational change management of projects including:
- Instilling change leadership behaviors.
- Providing organizational impact analysis and redesign. -Gathering user feedback and acceptance from the stakeholders and organization
- Recommending process improvements within change management, training, and organizational management.
- Managing IT Discovery Projects.
- 5+ years’ experience in project management Including experience working with cross-functional teams on project initiatives.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time.
- SDLC experience.
- Software development experience including RUP, Waterfall and Agile.
- Microsoft Project experience.
- Experience working with complex IT problems/issues/risks and experience facilitating issue resolutions and risk mitigation.
- PMP Certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with Information Technology focus.
- Will consider High School Diploma/GED plus years of experience in lieu of degree.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/