- Social Responsibility
- Resource Library
- Search Jobs
- Investor Story
- Results Center
- 2016 In Review
- Financial Information
- SEC Filings
- Events & Presentations
- Stock Information
- Corporate Governance
- Investor Resources
As a Pharmacy Technician - Clinical Support Services you will be assisting the pharmacist and communicating directly with patients over the telephone, scheduling medication deliveries, tracking lab data, billing, and prior authorization, among other duties. The Pharmacy Technician is essential to ensuring all patients receive their medication in a friendly and timely manner. The Pharmacy Technician – Clinical Support Services position is responsible for utilizing their clinical knowledge and excellent customer service skills to provide our patients with the smooth service and delivery of their medication to their homes. You will make a difference by bringing your personal touch and clinical experiences that will support our patient’s one on one care.
As part of the Coram CVS/specialty infusion team, you will have an important, uniquely rewarding role putting your Pharmacy Technician skills and experiences to work in a closed door practice setting. CVS is a national leader in the home infusion field, as you will be leading an innovative and bold initiative aimed at transforming health care and pharmacy leveraging new and emerging information technologies and channels.
Additional responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician – Clinical Support Services include:
- Assist the pharmacist in obtaining authorization for pharmacy services as requested; validate insurance coverage and communication with patients.
- Gather information for the initial admission of new patients and review all new charts to ensure that all necessary nursing paperwork is included.
- Manage the schedule for patient deliveries, manage inventory, create and maintain supply templates in the pharmacy computer data base.
- Document all supply management activities in the patient medical record.
- Participate in on call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs.
Pharmacy, Technician, Tech, Patient Care, Home Health, Hospital, Certified, Specialty, Customer Service, Data Entry
Georgia Pharmacy Technician License Required
You will be required to become a Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician within a year of hire
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician
Aseptic Technique Certification Preferred
Previous IV Compounding Experience Preferred
CVS Health core values of Innovation, Collaboration, Caring, Integrity, and Accountability not only support our purpose of helping people on their path to better health for our customers and patients, but they also apply to how we support our more than 250,000 colleagues. You will find our culture at CVS Health, and our leaders encourage personal and professional growth.