Job DescriptionIf you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do and solving complex problems while contributing to helping patients on their path to better health, consider growing your career as a Pharmacist Senior Associate with the CVS Health Business to Business (B2B) Innovation team!
This role will focus on helping CVS Health identify and implement a portfolio of pharmacy strategies to realize value in our B2B partnerships and achieve its mission of helping patients on their path to better health. As a Pharmacist Senior Associate, you will work with a high-energy team that is motivated by the opportunity to drive better health outcomes for our patients and realize financial results for CVS Health. We want to uncover new opportunities for our B2B partnerships, develop innovative strategies to drive results and then operationalize these strategies across our ~10,000 pharmacies, ~1,000 Minute Clinic locations and other enterprise assets (e.g., CVS Caremark, specialty, Coram). We’re excited for this work – so we look forward to working with somebody who shares our passion and enthusiasm!
Your Typical Day Here Could Include:
* Leading the diagnosis, solution development, and planning of a new strategic product or service that incorporate all of the company’s assets and delivery methods
* Developing a “story” and accompanying deck that concisely summarizes findings across several initiatives and creates specific recommendations for the executive management team
* Meeting with non-RPh colleagues to provide feedback on a plan they’ve developed to create a new patient care offering in stores – leverage your in-store/workflow knowledge and clinical experience to give realistic feedback
* Reviewing new clinical guidelines to determine where there might be opportunity for CVS to differentiate with one of its B2B partnerships
*Jumping into RxConnect to verify the team’s understanding of a certain prompt
* Reaching out to a pharmacy supervisor to set up a pilot test for a new idea in a set of stores
* Partnering with a team in another department to figure out how we can best prioritize a subset of patients for one of their initiatives – leverage your in-store knowledge to come up with a creative solution that allows us to quickly turnaround the new idea
* Building communications for field teams that ensures their buy-in for a new initiative
* Morphing between the role of “player” or “coach” depending on what is needed at that time to accomplish results
* Setting up time to meet with colleagues to plan a team development activity or social event
This Job Might Be For You If:
*You’re a leader. And you know that that means more than leading people. You know that it means taking initiative with a project…anticipating the next steps and taking action before asked. You also know that it can mean leading from behind and stepping in with much needed support.
*You enjoy solving complex problems. If you don’t know how to do something, you work to find the answers. You don’t get frustrated easily when something doesn’t go the way you planned.
*You can take complicated concepts and communicate them effectively to a variety of audiences.
*You write well. You pay attention to the details. You can articulate your thoughts eloquently. You have a track record of influencing senior leadership.
*You enjoy working in teams with a diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. You get satisfaction from helping your teammates succeed. You listen to others’ ideas with an open mind.
*You value innovation. You are comfortable questioning the status quo. You are willing to take calculated risks. You are always looking for new ways to improve existing processes.
*You are an RxConnect Wizard. You regularly show off the new trick/piece of information you found on RxConnect to your RPh friends. And they’re impressed.
*You are self-motivated. You are eager to step up and take on new and exciting challenges. You take ownership of your work. You pay attention to the details. You notice that the phrase “You pay attention to the details” was used twice in this job description.
*You are passionate about working to improve the health outcomes of CVS Health patients. You recognize that transformational change in health care doesn’t happen overnight and you are committed to making a difference one step at a time.
*You take charge of your own career growth and development. You have lofty goals and you see how this position will help you get there.
*You enjoy spending your weekends reading the health section of the paper or listening to healthcare podcasts. You’re interested in tracking how the industry is evolving and like understanding the intricacies of it.
Required QualificationsPharmD degree
2 years of pharmacist experience in a clinical or retail setting
Preferred Qualifications*The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of stakeholders, both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization
* A highly developed ability to manage, develop, and mentor more junior team members to successfully evaluate complex business opportunities
* Experience as a pharmacy manager within a retail pharmacy setting
* Licensed Pharmacist in good standing
PharmD Business Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/