Job DescriptionFortune 7 CVS Health's IT Digital team are highly motivated technologists who love to build cutting-edge technology systems that serves millions of pharmacy customers each day. The IT Director, Digital Innovation is responsible for technology solutions and delivery across CVS Health's Mobile applications and drives technology decisions for the Digital Innovation Lab. This is a fast paced environment that requires thinking on your feet, adaptability and being able to lead and execute multiple projects in tandem. We have the privilege of trying out the latest mobile technologies and we take pride in helping people on their path to better health! The Director, Digital Innovation will lead an experienced and motivated team of engineering technologists tasked with delivering high-quality mobile apps, ensuring that CVS Health continues to stay innovative in the healthcare and pharmacy marketplace.
As IT Director of Digital Innovation you will:
- Have a proven track record delivering on Mobile technology and road-maps in a fast-paced organization and building trusted relationships with peer groups and business partners.
- Know how to manage internal and vendor resources from idealization to delivery.
- Achieve technology goals by being deliberate and resourceful in leading people and balancing priorities, risks and expenses to successfully manage, build and deliver on a portfolio of digital products and capabilities on-time with consistency, high quality and within budget.
- Drive vision, speed and innovation that accelerate CVS Health’s digital product portfolio.
- Collaborate and align with Mobile and Innovation business partners to drive strategic initiatives. Drive Mobile technology solutions, vendor evaluations and delivery approaches.
- Drive strategic vitality of technology organization by focusing on business relationships, product roadmaps and capability maturity. Partner with business leaders to understand and clearly define needs, design solutions and balance appropriate expectations for Digital Enterprise products and capabilities.
- Own cost, quality and timeliness of deliverables across a portfolio of such projects from planning through customer acceptance phases.
- Analyze the impacts of changing priorities and balance resources appropriately. Partner across multiple internal teams (Enterprise Services, IT infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture, Security etc.) and partner organizations to assure successful implementations and effective operations.
- Define best practices and provide input into the overall Mobile technology delivery model for Digital assets. Lead a large scale, high-performing technology organization that follows best practices for high quality, scalable, performance tuned software.
- Ensure all applications have successful disaster recovery plans, pass all audit and compliance requirements and guarantee the highest level of security for our members, clients and our company.
- Ensure all applications are monitored for health and performance and are producing associated KPI analytics.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience and a minimum of 10+ years of Information Technology experience leading large scale, a high-performing technology organization.
- Minimum of 5 years Mobile development experience in large enterprise environment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience driving mobile technology solutions and delivery approaches in large enterprise environment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience executing disaster recovery plans, security, audit and compliance of digital applications.
- College degree in technology or related field.
- Financial acumen (budget planning and management, ROI analysis).
- A minimum of 10+ years of technology capability delivery of projects for internal and external clients, with at least 3 years experience at a Senior Manager or Director levels.
- Experience designing and delivering applications in web and mobile environments utilizing services oriented architectures with demonstrable success stories.
- Hands on experience working in the software development life cycle - must have participated on many projects through their complete life cycles (requirements, design, development, launch)
- Manage scope and estimate delivery schedules of projects.
- Ability to grow, motivate and lead effective and high functioning teams in both a local and virtual environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence people at a variety of levels internally and externally.
- Ability to lead and manage organizational change with ability to predict, recognize and manage cultural and technological changes within the organization and to prescribe corresponding transitions.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, and marketing skills to work with users, senior management, and external personnel on significant matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
- Able to navigate complex organizations and administrative processes.
- Organization effectiveness and continuous process improvement.
- Knowledge of Pharmacy Benefits Management and Retail and any other applications, software products or hosted services used by CVS Caremark is desirable.
- Overall technical experience on Mobile services.
- Lead architect role in Fortune 500 Company, retail, healthcare, banking, or credit card industry.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Masters is preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/