Job Description Are you data driven? Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to help drive the direction of business that in turn impacts the lives of our customers? If yes, we would love to talk to you. We’re looking for a leader to lead our Big Data engineering team, to work closely with Analysts, Project Managers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers, to support innovation and road maps, by building the information architecture that informs and drives insights. You’ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry and use cutting edge technology to see your efforts drive innovation solutions.
You should have solid big data platform and data architecture skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling data teams, integrity, flexibility, strong operational skills to drive efficiency & speed and strong organizational leadership skills.
- You will set the technology strategy & road map, develop priorities and manage operating mechanisms that drive a highly effective and efficient project development and delivery organization.
- You will provide strong leadership for all technical teams to deliver on our strategy.
- You will partner with IT & Business leaders to drive the strategy initiatives and solutions.
- You will lead project development and partner well with architecture, project management team to deliver innovation and technical solutions.
- You will hire, mentor and develop outstanding teams and fostering an environment of growth both personally and organizationally.
- You will build robust, fault-tolerant data pipelines that ingests, transforms, and aggregates data. Enable data for analysts, marketers and scientists, to easily innovate and experiment.
- You will provide timely, accurate and reliable data to power business decisions and customer experiences.
- You will drive a data-driven culture; craft and manage metadata, data security, data quality standards, data privacy & compliance policies.
- You will build cross functional relationships with Analysts, Data Scientists and Business Analysts to understand data needs.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- You will deliver high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- Define and manage SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational & engineering excellence
- 12 years of experience in professional software development, 5 years managing and mentoring teams of 25 people or larger.
- 8 years of extensive experience leading software development in a services based environment implementing products in a SaaS and mobile environment.
- 5 years deep understanding of cloud computing infrastructure and platforms.
Education Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Business Overview
- Experience in operationalizing data governance and data quality through metadata
- Familiarity with the major big data solutions and products available in the market
- Expertise in creating and deploying best big data practices and methodologies
- Familiarity with Data Science, different modeling techniques - data modeling and/or predictive modeling
- Scaling big data technology teams
- Capability to architect highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools.
- Exposure to Healthcare Domain knowledge.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/