Job Description Join Fortune 7 CVS Health as a Hadoop Platform and Application Support, Sr Manager. The Sr. Manager position for Hadoop Platform & Application Support is a key role within the CVS Health Enterprise Operations, with the potential for leading a team of operations and system specialists across multiple platforms and technologies to meet business goals. The span of control covers multiple sites while partnering closely with elements of the business, application teams and external service providers. The Sr. manager position is responsibilities include directing, managing and supporting various Hadoop operating environments and platforms with a focus on vulnerability management along with stability, capacity and quality of service, while meeting or exceeding committed service levels. This role includes evaluating issues coming from production incidents and handling escalations.
In this role, you should demonstrate sound understanding of support concepts and understanding of the technology and the operating environments. Technically manage production technology incidents to resolution, ensuring timely engagement, escalation and effective communication to business, technology and vendor partners. Identify and implement opportunities for team, process, and group improvement. Proactively identify common root causes of issues and address to improve overall production stability. Work with application vendors as necessary for updates required.
Provide first hand leadership guidance and management oversight for vulnerability management, incident resolutions and root cause analysis.
Additional responsibilities may include management and review of application redundancy and contingency plan to ensure uninterrupted service to the customers. Partner with the Application Management, Architects and the SME’s in identifying necessary enhancements and solutions for vulnerability management, processing capacity and stability needs of production. Develop training plans to enhance technical, analytical and business capability across the team. Work with business and technology partners to plan and test the disaster recovery plan.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
• Highly motivated individual with the desire to review and improve the support process and procedures.
• Provide architecture and solutioning help in large scale distributed systems, especially those involving Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL databases and analytical programming languages (Python/R).
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong vendor management and SLA governance skills
• Document and lead design reviews, provide input to the design recommendations
• Contribute during the design workshops on Hadoop based data management and job flows
Explore new technologies in the big data domain and ensure that the team is trained on the latest technologies
• Provide day to day guidance and coaching to direct reports to ensure their success in assigned activities and objectives
• Strong people manager able to evaluate the performance of the resources and provide timely feedback and work with the resources to improve productivity and efficiency of the team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exhibit leadership behavior which supports the business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
• Encourages others to persevere despite challenges, frustrations or difficulties faced
• Proven complex problem solving skills
• Comfortable and confident providing clear problem descriptions and guidance to senior business management in a time critical environment
• Strong people management and recruitment skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing tasks in an ordered manner, prioritizing to ensure business deliverables are met.
• Manage customer expectations through effective communication of timely status updates.
• Take ownership of own work as well as teams, and be accountable for the quality of work done.
• Proven experience with managing 24/7 business critical applications
Required Qualifications • Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a professional IT Role with ability to mentor junior team members including the following experience:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Hadoop Cluster Design, Configuration, Installation, Patching, Upgrading and support on high availability applications.
• Minimum of 3 years experience with BI and Analytics Solution Architecture
• Minimum of 3 years e xperience in monitoring technologies, Platform
optimization, tuning, Big data backup strategies and virtualization environments Preferred Qualifications• IT Managerial experience
• Experience in system administration Unix/Linux
EducationBachelors in Computer Science or equivalent requiredBusiness Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/