Job DescriptionJoin Fortune 7 CVS Health as an IT Business Analyst. Business Analyst role with CVS Health's Retail team that is driven by a vision to "improve the quality of human life” of those we serve by making innovative and high-quality health and pharmacy services safe, affordable and easy to access. This individual will assist the Business Analysis Manager and/or independently manage the solutions planning effort throughout the solutions planning and development lifecycle. This person is experienced with selecting appropriate techniques to accomplish business analysis tasks in different situations. He or she has good working knowledge of most, if not all, areas of business analysis.
- Lead cross-competency teams in business solution planning, business case development, and managing customer requirements throughout the development lifecycle.
- Lead and/or manage other Business Analysts through the requirements effort. This includes providing guidance, direction, feedback and coaching to ensure team effectiveness.
- Lead or perform current state analysis to assist in the definition of new concepts
- Partner with the business to define scope.
- Play a leadership role in business problem solving
- Drive innovative technology solutions aligned with CVS Health's business strategies.
- Mentor other BAs and is a champion of the Business Analysis discipline; is a role model for other colleagues
- Act as a steward of the requirements and be responsible for ensuring the requirements are comprehensive, clear, testable, well documented and maintained.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated practical work experience in the Business Analyst role including writing business requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the software development methodology lifecycle, including process analysis and design, business and functional requirements analysis, use case analysis, data analysis, system design, development, testing, and implementation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in and/or leading dynamic cross-competency teams using a structured project methodology
- Minimum of 3 years experience facilitating design discussions as related to understanding requirements
- Minimum of 3 years experience with one or more SDLC methodologies
Organizational skills, to work in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, while also working with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information. Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, assess risk, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Business Analyst experience in the Healthcare or Retail industry
- Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
- Writing and Verbal skills with a meticulous attention to detail, to communicate information effectively to leads, managers, and technical staff.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, project management, and technical staff).
- Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language.
Education A Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in IT, IS, Engineering, Business, Commerce, Computer Science, or closely related technical field
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/