Job Description As an Industrial Engineer, you will play a key role in driving improved productivity and cost effectiveness by recommending and implementing changes to improve the performance of systems and people, increase utilization of labor and other resources while maintaining or improving safety, quality and customer service. The Industrial Engineer may also manage a variety of projects including, but not limited to analysis, design, process improvement, and implementation of capacity, material handling system and technology changes. The Industrial Engineer reports
to the Regional Industrial Engineering Manager and will closely coordinate work with the local DC Director.
- Travel may be required up to 25% of the time.
Additional responsibilities of the Industrial Engineer include:
· Providing engineering support for the establishment of accurate labor standards using time study or equivalent techniques.
· Maintaining complete standards and methods documentation, perform all scheduled audits. Maintain Labor Management System, written procedures and layouts as needed to reflect changes in business requirements, preferred methodologies, etc. and insure continued accuracy of standard.
· Supporting of all performance management initiatives.
· Improving work methods by analyzing methods and procedures to ascertain the most efficient way to perform all warehouse tasks.(Reducing steps, travel, non-value added time, and waste, deploying best practices, works amplification, staff planning, balancing, and identification/removal of barriers to productivity).
· Optimizing material flow (Travel reduction, process balancing, optimizing storage utilization and put-away logic, and efficient slotting)
· Providing Operations team with necessary support and guidance for improving utilization of our resources (Direct and Indirect Labor, equipment, space, etc.)
· Providing technical support for material handling system improvement(configuration, improved capacity, efficiency)
· Monitoring and maintain a deep understanding of variables impacting key performance metrics, contributing input and support to team in achieving targets.
· Providing guidance and support for cost reduction projects.
Required Qualifications - 1+ years of experience working with labor standards
- 1+ years of experience carrying out industrial engineering assignments of a broad nature
Preferred Qualifications - Industrial Engineering Co-op or Intern Experience
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- Proficient in MS Excel with Macros, MS Access, VBA, Word, and Power Point
- 2+ years of experience with logistics operations
- Experience with Distribution and/or Lean/Six-Sigma/Labor Standards
Education Bachelors Degree in Engineering is required. Business Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/