Job DescriptionThe IT Development Manager position exists to successfully execute projects / initiatives in an information technology (IT) department. You will coordinate team or group activities with CVS Health and vendor staff resources. You will provide guidance and direction to project teams and direct repartees on planning and execution of projects, technical and functional standards and practice, process and procedures, and career development. You will participates in annual budgeting, capital processes and quality improvement activities for the organization.
Development and Delivery Management
- You will manage assigned functional areas through detailed planning of projects, resources and skillset mapping.
- You will ensure resources are planned according to the functional and technical skillset required for the project delivery.
- You will successfully deliver all projects and programs without compromising quality, budget, scope and schedule.
- You will meet scheduled milestones to ensure projects / programs objectives are met in a timely manner.
- You should have a deep understanding, follow and provide guidance to project teams and resources on principles, practices and techniques followed within the application area and organization.
- You will contribute to IT project planning for one or more business areas; review progress toward plan regularly with clients and make modifications, as necessary; provide quantitative cost/benefit analysis; ensure team is following work, documentation, certification, and audit requirements, as needed
Customer Relationship Management
- You will set yearly goals focusing on career development. Discuss and layout plan of action to achieve goals and expectations.
- You will perform periodic assessment of CVS and vendor resources.
- Provide formal and informal feedback to address gaps in performance (functional, technical and soft skills).
- You will perform mid-year and year end assessment.
- Provide comprehensive feedback on strengths and development areas Oversee, review and take action on time sheets for CVS and vendor resource to ensure compliance.
- You will actively participate in recruitment and selection processes for both CVS and vendor candidates; as well as lead onsite and offshore vendor relationships.
- Commitment to ensuring teams adheres to the highest degree of integrity and Code of Conduct standards
- You will consult with business and IT stakeholders during execution of projects to ensure business and IT expectations are being met.
- You will address any challenge or road block to accomplish project goals and expectations.
- You will identify and develop services and service level agreements (SLAs); educate senior leaders on service related information and continually improve related processes
- 8+ years of Information Technology experience including leadership and development management experience in core development and delivery areas
- 2+ years leading large or multiple application teams to deliver projects and initiatives effectively
- 8+ years deep knowledge of information technology principles, development methodologies and knowledge of platforms / applications or software products
- 2+ years mentoring and supervising full time employees work and career development; as well as onsite and offshore vendor relationships
- 4+ years experience in handling customer expectations and relationship building
Education Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience required, with two additional year of experience required for each year of college not attained. Business Overview
- AS400 or Mainframe experience
- Pharmacy Benefit Management and Healthcare industry experience a plus
- Claim processing and adjudication knowledge a plus
- Determination to enhance quality and save cost as part of continuous process improvements
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/