Job Description As a Nutrition Support Dietitian with Coram/CVS specialty infusion services, you will utilize your clinical nutrition experiences, along with patient education and relationship development to support patients receiving specialized complex therapy infusion services. Must have excellent written and verbal customer service skills and advanced computer skills in order to interact with key stakeholders and patients. You will play an instrumental role in making a real difference by improving the quality of life for patients in need.
Registered Dietitians with Coram CVS/specialty infusion services have a uniquely rewarding setting in which to use their exceptional nutritional skills. As a national leader in the home infusion/tube feeding field, we seek those special dietitians who possess not only strong clinical acumen but also the kind of deep compassion and sensitivity it takes to build one-on-one relationships and support patients receiving parenteral nutrition therapy in the comfort of their home.
* Work at our Lenexa branch office - Full Time - Monday through Friday
* Assist in the qualification and documentation of medical necessity for all payors for parenteral nutrition therapies to secure reimbursement for home parenteral nutrition.
* Provide ongoing monitoring and assessments and recommend therapeutic interventions as appropriate. Prepare written communication of follow-up nutrition care in the medical record and communicate findings to the physician and other pertinent caregivers.
* Evaluate enteral feeding prescription including formula type, amount, administration and other parameters based on specific patient needs.
* Coordinate the clinical plan of care with branch team. Work with the clinical department managers to educate internal staff on appropriate nutrition therapy, nutrition policies and procedures and reimbursement-related topics.
* Lead/participate in nutrition support team meetings/patient care conferences and contributes appropriate clinical information.
* Provide patient and caregiver instruction related to nutrition therapy and oral diet at home as ordered by the physician.
* Work with sales to identify potential growth opportunities for home parenteral nutrition. Develop and maintain nutrition customer relationships. Serve as a content expert for sales support activities which may include providing continuing education programs.
* Participate in national and local nutrition organizations.
Learn more about us: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoramHealthcare
Registered Dietitian, RD, Certified Nutrition Support Clinician, CNSC, Home Health, Parenteral Nutrition, TPN, Tube Feeding, Nutrition Support, Infusion, Case Manager
Required Qualifications* Current registration by the Commission of Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association is required.
* Registered Dietitian with current license in state of employment.
* Minimum 2 years of experience with parenteral nutrition, TPN and tube feeding.
* Advanced certification in the area of nutrition support (Certified Nutrition Support Clinician) on hire or completed within first year of employment.
* Must possess a valid and current driver’s license and auto insurance.
Preferred Qualifications* Past TPN experience is preferred
* Home healthcare experience
* A.S.P.E.N membership
EducationBachelor’s degree in Food/Nutrition or Dietetics is required.Business Overview
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services. The integration of Coram into CVS Health enables the company to offer enhanced, comprehensive infusion services; expanded payer access; and a national network of more than 85 locations, including 65 ambulatory infusion suites. Providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month, Coram cares for patients through all phases of their healthcare continuum including clinical and compliance monitoring, and individual patient counseling. CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues embrace fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service to meet the needs of the many people and businesses relying on us each day.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/