Job Description Join CVS health as an Application Development Manager of AS400 systems. In this role, you will be responsible for supervising a team of Junior and Senior developers, as well as contractors in making sure projects are delivered on time, within budget and adhering to all metrics in measuring success of the projects.
We’re looking for a dynamic leader with functional and project management experience. Strong organizational skills, integrity, the ability to easily pivot, Software Development Lifecycle experience, and a background in iSeries and/or legacy mainframe development are key attributes for success.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will accountable for work and deliverables of team members. Supervise team of employees and consultants that are assigned to team or project.
- You will evaluate annual goals for team; discuss and support career goals of each team member; prepare and provide input to performance appraisals. Actively participate in recruitment process, including job fairs and interviewing.
- You will provide weekly project/work status to manager and serve as communication link between team members and management; present to users or business unit, as needed.
- You will work with manager and the business or internal customer to define solutions to problems and to drive out project requirements.
- You will deliver solutions while taking into consideration their financial impact, to address specific business needs and assist manager with forecasting project/work costs.
- Once project/work components have been defined, develop project plan, prioritize requirements and schedule work assignments. Follow up on progress to date and manage project/work to completion; provide appropriate resource coverage to support business need. Resolve issues as they arise.
- You may define project components from projects/initiatives, analyze feasibility and timeframe allocated for each component and make “move forward” recommendations.
- 5+years of IT professional experience
- 2+ years of team lead/management experience
EducationBachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Will accept one year of experience for every year of degree not completed in addition to years of experience required. Business Overview
- PMP, Prior RxCLAIM / Adjudication or PBM experience
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/