Job DescriptionCVS Health Specialty Pharmacy Application Development team is seeking a development manager to lead, mentor, and assist in managing a dynamic team with a focus on writing code and developing applications using multiple tools, languages, processes, and technologies. We believe for success you should possess excellent written and verbal communication, phenomenal leadership skills, adaptability, flexibility, and can find new ways to coach, motivate, and develop your team within a fast-growing environment. You should be able to thrive in a team environment; as well as work independently with a strong sense of accountability and a focus on quality. You should be ambitious and can create enthusiasm, foster openness, and work cooperatively with others.
As the Application Development Manager your responsibilities include:
- You will demonstrate leadership abilities across operation teams within production to address business needs for support, issue analysis, enhancements, and corrective actions.
- You will help evolve the existing software systems, infrastructure, and architecture as needed to support growth, SLAs, and continued operation within selected OS, database, and integrated software.
- You will coordinate release, sprint, and project planning with coordinated meetings as needed to ensure project tracking and completion.
- You will resolve technical problems, issues, and escalations within development team and project activities.
- You will provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- You will maintain and monitor individual employees' performance plans.
- You will collaborate with all levels within the organization including senior leaders.
- 5+ years of previous leadership or management experience within application development managing teams of 5 or more
- 5+ years of experience with the System Development Life Cycle
- 3+ years of relational database experience
- 3+ years of solid Agile and WaterFall experience
- Prior experience working as an Applications Developer
EducationBachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Will accept one year of work experience for each year of college not completed in addition to required years of experience. Business Overview
- Prior Healthcare or PBM background
- Experience with Restful and SOAP-based web services, JSON and XML and knowledge of Microservices-oriented architectures build using Java technologies.
- Experience with financial systems including EDI protocals.
- Experience working employees and contractors in remote locations
- Experience working with off shore contractors
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/