Job Description Would you like to join Fortune 7 CVS Health leading our dynamic information technology team? As the Senior Manager, Application Development you are a member of the Member Data Transition team. You will lead and mentor a geographically team of developers, including FTEs and contractors processing applications spanning multiple platforms and technologies - JAVA, COBOL, RPG/Synon and Web Services.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Application Development role includes:
We believe you should have superb communication, build and maintain successful teams and business relationships, and adapt within a fast-growing environment.
- You will lead a team in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- You will participate in budgeting, capital planning processes and quality improvement activities for the organization.
- You will meet scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met, and gain a deep understanding of the principles, theories, practices and techniques to manage the activities related to planning, managing and implementing projects and programs.
- You will work with your staff on their development and training plans to build and develop.
- You will be a liaison with peers, management team and other cross functional teams to coordinate project efforts and deliver value to our customers.
- You will partner with business leaders to prioritize and deliver IT solutions to enable business goals & objectives.
- 9+ years of functional leadership experience of demonstrated excellence in an Information Systems environment;
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing a medium size team;
- 5+ years experience and success in leading project teams effectively, meeting deliverable dates, leading a work group(s) and direct customer contact.
Education Bachelor Degree in Business, Information Systems, or Computer Science required. If no degree, two additional years of experience are required for each year of college not completed.
- Experience with building and maintaining successful teams and business relationships.
- PBM experience, AS400/RPG and Synon knowledge a plus.
- Manage onshore and offshore vendors; relationship management, SLAs.
- Demonstrated experience and success in direct management and supervision IT/Technical work groups to include budgeting, strategic planning, technical direction, and staff coaching/mentoring.
- Thorough understanding in assigned technical discipline and knowledge of platforms/applications or software product used by CVS Health, with advanced knowledge of at least one or more product.
- Experience managing customer requirements for strategic initiatives as well as expectations.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/