Job DescriptionResponsible for managing a portfolio of business to business receivables in a fast-paced healthcare environment. Includes partnering with clients and internal team members to maximize cash flow while maintaining a positive client relationship. Adherence to corporate and regulatory policies, negotiation of payment arrangements, and ability to understand contracts. Display a professional manner, offering solutions and suggestions for process improvements and working closely with Management to exceed collection goals.
- Effective and efficient resolution of client account balances within prescribed company and federal guidelines and policies via phone, letter and email correspondence.
- Identify targeted accounts for improvement in delinquency.
- Develop work out strategies with customers which includes promissory notes, payment and release agreements and settlement and release agreements.
- Responsible for reviewing customer contracts to ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Business to Business (B2B) Accounts Receivables
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word and Excel
- Advanced knowledge of the healthcare industry is preferred, as well as working knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare & third party insurance.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of FDCPA, HIPPA, compliance guidelines and related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge in an internal billing and collections systems is preferred.
- Excellent customer service, listening, and communication skills and be able to persuade and negotiate with customers.
- Ability to work independently and be able to understand, carry out and provide detailed instruction.
- Ability to interact with others from internal and external areas with various levels of authority/responsibility.
- Advanced problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work as a team player within the Corporate Collections Department as well as all other areas of the organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and analyze trends and patterns.
- Experience with documentation and research/reconciliation as it relates to pharmaceutical account billing is preferred.
- Detail oriented results driven, flexible, organized, and open to suggestions.
- Able to work concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/