Job Description The Tax organization at CVS Health is focused on excellence in service to its clients and other stakeholders and we are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, goal-oriented, and hands-on tax professional to complement our existing tax team. Reporting to Tax Manager, the Senior Tax Consultant can expect to be involved with all significant elements of the entire tax life cycle, including tax planning and financial reporting, as well as federal and state tax compliance and controversy. This role requires the capability to develop close working relationships with colleagues in the Tax organization and across many other departments in the organization (e.g., legal, finance, treasury, accounting, policy, regulatory, HR, benefits, and operations).
To be successful, the candidate must have sound technical skills, have practical, common sense problem solving skills, a deep attention to detail and the capacity to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with colleagues at all levels. The candidate must also get to know our businesses, and combine that with an increasingly deeper understanding of the Tax organization’s priorities, goals, objectives, timelines, processes and standard operating procedures. Because Accountability is one of our corporate values, we expect this candidate to be well organized, committed to process and deadlines, and able to drive projects to completion. This candidate has a demonstrated track record of reliably operating as part of a team to deliver a high quality work product, render insightful and unequivocal advice and a consistently meaningful contribution to a positive work environment and culture.
Responsibilities across the tax life cycle:
- Federal and State income tax compliance
- Support significant business transactions and provide timely business support and analysis Assist with proper application of ASC 740 and other accounting pronouncements to consolidated U.S. interim and annual tax reporting
- Assist with income tax reporting and related disclosures in financial statements Assist with accurate and timely interim quarterly consolidated effective tax rate and tax forecast
- Monitor and analyze tax regulatory and compliance developments and tax law changes and communicate their impact to key stakeholders
- Assist with the implementation of new tax policies, strategies and procedures to support tax and other cross functional initiatives, as appropriate
- Coordinate and team with outside tax advisors
Required Qualifications - 3+ years of combined experience in any of the following:
- public accounting
- corporate income tax accounting and compliance Preferred Qualifications - 4+ years of combined experience in any of the following:
- public accounting
- corporate income tax accounting and compliance
- Meaningful experience with ASC 740 and other related accounting pronouncements and experience in their application
- Strong foundation and base of technical skills
- C ompliance experience, including process and controls and use of tax tools, applications and relevant financial systems
- Proven ability to identify, analyze and communicate complex income tax issues and related implications
Education Bachelors degree in accounting required. CPA, masters in taxation or other advanced degree highly preferred Business Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/