CVS Health has a dynamic opportunity for a Supplier Diversity Advisor to join our dedicated team. You will partner with the CVS Caremark Sales, Proposals Team, Account Services and Supplier Diversity Management to assist in engagement of diverse supplier contractual compliance.You will assist in the establishment of corporate strategies and diverse suppliers utilization plans, which align with government and employers clients’regulations and standards.
You are responsible for leading analysis of proposed client actions, resolve potential impact on the organization and develops appropriate responses while ensuring adherence of our diverse suppliers providing products and services to CVS Health and our PBM clients.
You will review and respond to PBM Bids/Proposals requirements and program. You will establish and maintain relationships with Sales, Proposal Teams and external advocacy groups, such as chambers,government economic development offices, to facilitate exchange of information and open channels of communications to position Supplier Diversity Program.
You will develop relationships with Business Units and Implementation Teams to ensure diverse supplier utilization plans are fulfilled and diverse suppliers are properly utilized to support the clients ‘contracts commitment.
This position will be located in Cumberland, RI.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience within Finance, Procurement or Operations.
- Ensuring compliance with awarded CVS Health RFPs/Bid commitment to diverse suppliers.
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring and reporting diverse supplier utilization on a monthly basis.
- Establish diverse supplier mentoring and development program in support of government client’s requirements and expectations.
- Developing a proactive strategy to build strong database with well qualified diverse suppliers that can fulfill and support our PBM business.
- Supporting registration to ensure current certifications are recorded, .and provide training to suppliers regarding registration or completing company profiles. Responsible to support and to increase Tier II program by holding primes accountable and ensure accuracy of record entry.
- Escalating non-compliance to Supplier Diversity Manager and take necessary actions.
- Responsible for managing and supporting the Diverse Retail Pharmacy Program.
- Assisting in the coordination and participation of supplier diversity professional associations, trade shows, advocacy group and governmental functions.
- Responsible for handling the Supplier Diversity email box and hotline assuring a 72 hour response time.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, as needed for business needs. Preferred Qualifications- Supplier Diversity experience strongly preferred.
- Healthcare Industry experience.
- Excellent administrative/interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to grasp complex issues and provide useful analysis such as: research and data analysis, financial analysis, problem solving.
- Ability to make decisions or present solutions for decision-making and/or problem resolution.
- Strong organization and planning skills with ability to lead multiple and time sensitive projects.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Willing to challenge the status quo; ability to think outside of the box and not just accept the standard line from advocacy groups.
- Demonstrable initiative, creativity, professionalism, self motivation and be a great teammate.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Ability to work independently/effectively. Education - Bachelor’s Degree required.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/