It is a great time to join CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health, as America’s leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,600 stores continues to grow. We are seeking a talented multi unit retail leader to join us as a District Manager. A District Manager has the support, training and innovative thinking to successfully lead an average of 20 or more stores. The District Manager owns the district P&L and is accountable for the operational performance and management of store teams, including people development, sales and sales building programs, service, execution of company-wide programs and initiatives, margin and expense control and shrink and asset management.
The District Manager is highly engaged in store visits, providing an opportunity for a fun, motivated and energized store environment. There is a great level of autonomy in carving out how a store visit is conducted to engage with store teams and drive sales. Teaching store teams how to be successful, how to impact service and ultimately deliver for our customers is critical. The District Manager focuses on staying ahead of the curve by making adjustments or taking risks to provide a great customer experience that delivers results. A District Manager has the autonomy to make decisions, from coaching a store colleague in real-time to coaching a Store Manager on effective merchandising strategies with the customer in mind.
Our loyalty card program, ExtraCare, is the largest retail savings and rewards program with more than 70 million active member households. Becoming a part of CVS/pharmacy not only means having this strong customer base, but also having the potential to advance your career to Region Manager and eventually Area Vice President. CVS/pharmacy will invest in your development! Training includes numerous online modules, live classes, emerging leader programs and strategic experiences with senior leaders. In addition to learning about our general merchandising, a District Manager learns about compliance, alcohol, controllable substances and pharmacy in order to lead stores successfully.
* Set the expectation, standard and example for customer service within the district
* Manages the Pharmacy Supervisor, and partners with him/her to drive pharmacy sales and service.
* Manages the total store operations of the district within budget
* Manages district expense control and shrink and asset management
* Drives sales, improves margin/profitability and reduces expenses within the district
* Responsible for delivery and execution of new and ongoing programs
* Responsible for selection, guidance, training, performance management and accountability of all exempt level associates in the district (Store Managers, Assistant Managers and Pharmacists), including acclimating new field management staff to the company and or new position
* Represents CVS in all issues and opportunities within the area of responsibility
* Supervises support staff to drive results in the district (RCS, Pharmacy Trainer, Training Store Managers, Pharmacy Trainers, etc)
* Partners with Regional or Area level support teams (LP Managers, HR Business, etc)Required Qualifications
* 3+ years experience as Store Manager or equivalent demonstrating strong customer service and meeting operational expectations in increasingly larger volume stores required
* Must demonstrate strong people skills including the ability to lead and engage a team, hold people accountable to results, and develop strong talent that can be moved throughout the organization
* Must have the ability to drive the business, create a culture of great customer service and operational excellence through the execution of goals and objectives
* Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral), solid planning and organizational skills, a strong understanding of the financial aspects of the retail business and prior multi unit P & L responsibility
* Travel utilizing a company vehicle is required, subject to operational needs; commutes to and from locations could range from <1 to 4 hours at a timePreferred Qualifications
* 3+ years experience as multi-unit manager or 5 years as a GM in a big box retailer preferredEducation
* Bachelor Degree required or 8 years relevant work experience will be accepted in lieu of a Bachelors DegreeBusiness Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/