Job DescriptionOmnicare, Inc. is a wholly ownedsubsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com
What We Do
Directly, and through oursubsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services tolong term care facilities and to other customers in the health careenvironment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we alsoserve other targeted populations.
Overview : Picking, labeling, and otherwise preparing the finished prescription as well as other light warehouse duties. May train Picking Technicians.
Shift: 3rd shift hours; includes every other weekend and 3 holidays per year
• Prep for the day; set up totes
• Fills daily drug orders accurately and efficiently in a timely manner, under the supervision of a pharmacist.
• Assists in processing returned drugs and recycle/dispose per procedure.
• Review facility pre-list and prepare 30 day cards with the appropriate drug for the full fill.
• Assists in monthly fills by delivering and exchanging medications to scheduled nursing home.
• Assist in pre-packing frequently ordered medications, label, and store, as needed during low volume times.
• Packages materials and products manually
• Receives packing order and pull items to be delivered from order sheets
• Determines that the correct packing materials are available at packing station
• Checks packing list for accuracy
• Applies labels, and stack boxes according to directions
• Coordinate STAT deliveries
• Ship UPS orders
• Keeps record of departure times and items packed and attaches to order
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.Required Qualifications
- Ability to work at a moderate speed
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- 6 months-2 years working experience
- Knowledge of pharmacy policies and procedures.
EducationHigh School Diploma or equivalentBusiness Overview
- Previous Pharmacy Technician Experience
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/