The CIO will provide the vision andleadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives.This individual is responsible for the planning and execution of an informationtechnology vision, goals and initiatives that support the long term objectives,mission and vision of CVS Health. Required Qualifications This leader will collaborate with leaders at the highestlevel of the organization and manage a team of professionals who areaccountable for the delivery of all information technology services in theSystem. In addition, the role will lead the developmentand implementation of global cybersecurity policy, standards, guidelines and procedures.By proactively cultivating and fostering relationships with government agencies andindustry they will promote CVS Health as a leader in cybersecurity. The CIO is also a key member of the EnterpriseOperating Committee (EOC) for CVS Health. EnterpriseIT Vision & Strategy · Developshort- and long-term IT vision and strategic plans based on CVS Health’sbusiness strategies, goals, plans, market opportunities and operatingrequirements. · Drivethe technological and organizational capabilities to support CVS Health’s useof data and analytics to drive business strategies and patient outcomes.
· Applystrong digital knowledge and skills to CVS Health’s technology platform todrive business growth and customer/client satisfaction and loyalty throughdigital programs tied to business initiatives. · Developthe digital platform and capabilities to enable CVS Health innovation and drivecustomer experience.
· EnsureCVS Health has strong cybersecurity measures in place. Focus on new and innovative approaches to security to minimizerisk. · Leadthe continuous and secure operation, administration and maintenance of CVSHealth’s computing and networking infrastructure, including development ofSecurity, Privacy, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
· Leada governance structure that aligns IT initiatives with business prioritieswhile balancing resource constraints (human and fiscal) to optimize ITinvestments (IT Portfolio). · Approvalof the Capital Allocation Process in conjunction with other leaders, · Presentto the Board of Director on the performance of the IT portfolio includingactual vs. expected results, budgets and project duration.
· Serveas the subject-matter expert concerning IT issues and industry trends. · Fosterrelationships between CVS Health’s IT resources and external entities (e.g.government, vendors, clients and other health care organizations). · Participate in thestrategic planning process and share in the development of CVS Health’s vision,goals and initiatives. We seek an accomplished executive with a persuasive leadership style that brings instant executive credibility to the position. Candidates should also possess an outstanding record of professional experience and accomplishment, and thrive in a matrixed environment that emphasizes speed, agility and efficiency. Preferred QualificationsMaster’s degree in information technology or business is preferred. EducationBachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. Business Overview Equally significant qualifications include excellent leadership of diversified teams, people judgement, talent development and mentoring, coaching and motivational skills. Other necessary experiences include: · 15+ years’ experience in developing and implementing IT initiatives that support profitable growth. · Significant experience leading an IT organization. · Demonstrated experience with IT systems and management at an executive level with a sequence of increasing responsibilities in large and diverse business settings. · Experience implementing "Best Practice" approaches in digital strategy and transformation
· Practical knowledge and experience working with IT security best practices, standards, and frameworks including
PCI, SOX, and HIPAA.
· Familiarity with healthcare or healthcare related organizations is preferred.
· Experience in integrating acquired companies.
· Strong financial acumen; has experience in financial management, modeling, budget development and management.
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work with executive management, Board of Directors and business partners.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/