Job DescriptionOmnicare,Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com
What We Do
Directly,and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array ofpharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customersin the health care environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicarespecialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
As a Senior Living Analytics Consultant, you will use a combination of deep technical expertise, advanced analytical capabilities, and keen business acumen to succeed in this role. As a member of the Senior Living Operations team, your primary responsibilities will include the development, distribution and continued process improvement of key operational reports to provide insights into the overall operations of our pharmacies, financial analysis to ensure fiscal integrity to all budgets and ad hoc analysis and reporting to help determine new opportunities to drive service, efficiency, productivity and financial improvement. The Analytics Consultant will also be expected to partner with other key stakeholders such as our sales and account management teams, our customer insights and analytics team and our finance teams. Lastly you will be expected to support the management accounts for all Omnicare Senior Living Pharmacies across the United States (~20-25).
Additional responsibilities of the Senior Living Analytics Consultant include:
- Providing analytical support for all budgeting and forecasting requirements for the Senior Living teams and assist in process efficiency initiatives to create timely and accurate reporting results
- Proactively identifying and analyzing opportunities to address issues at their root cause level to better support the department’s financial responsibilities.
- Providing reporting and analysis for other non-Senior Living functional areas such as Omnicare call centers, labor management team, financial teams and operational support teams
- Performing various analyses and reporting to support Senior Living operational teams and senior management
- Accurately forecast and support analysis of all line items for Senior Living Operations
- Proactively identifying, diagnosing, and trending issues and opportunities at the true root cause level within the overall portfolio to improve financial, productivity, quality and efficiency opportunities to drive overall portfolio efficiency
- Supporting the enhancement of our existing operational reporting and supporting the design and implementation of programs, reports, and analysis to improve customer satisfaction
- Assisting in the development and testing of any new reports
- Assisting with the development of process improvement and documentation to meet the needs of internal/ external customers
Required Qualifications To be considered for this highly visible role, candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of data modeling and analytical experience.
Candidates must also have at least a year of experience with any of the following:
- Analyzing large data sets (over a million records) from multiple sources and making actionable business recommendations based on facts
- Designing and conducting complex, zero-defect, ad-hoc analyses
Preferred Qualifications - Familiarity with tools such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, and MicroStrategy strongly preferred
- Experience collaborating with key stakeholders to gather and analyze needs and requirements to design and implement robust analytic solutions to support the identified needs
- Knowledge of business intelligence and data warehousing development processes and techniques
- Skills and experience related to creating predictive models
- Experience working in strict confidence, ensuring the confidentiality of patient and medical and financial records, at all times, in compliance with company and HIPAA Privacy guidelines
- Working with MS Operating Systems and MS Office applications (such as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook) - Degree in Business Management, Economics, Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, or related field preferred. MBA or other graduate degrees preferred.
Education- Bachelor’s Degree
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/