The Order Entry Lead is responsible for maintaining workflow in the department, monitoring its productivity and performance, and ensuring that all run times are met. Key Responsibilities: • Coordinate the daily order entry process including all special dispensing situations and requirements as specified in current policies and procedures.
• Accurately enter orders in a timely manner for final inspection by pharmacist. Management Responsibilities: • Maintain appropriate staffing of the order entry area and coordinate with all pharmacy staff to ensure that all daily time requirements are met or exceeded.
• Prepare order entry technician work schedules.
• Responsible for providing employees with timely, candid and constructive feedback; developing employees to their full potential and providing challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
• Assist with the continued updating of all computer processes and procedures.
• Maintain adequate supply of forms and other related items necessary to meet the needs of the order entry area.
• Supervise the daily prescription order entry process including all special situations and requirements as specified in current policies and procedures.
• Maintain a pharmacy order entry training program and ensure that all order entry technicians are appropriately trained according to current policies and procedures.
• Maintain current working knowledge of facility policies and procedures as relates to pharmacy services.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location. May sit, stand, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit 95% of day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.Required Qualifications
Minimum (Required): • Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Board of Pharmacy Registration Required.Preferred Qualifications
Certification preferred. Strong knowledge of pharmacy policy & procedures. Working knowledge of long term care industry preferred.Education
High Schoold Diploma or equivalentBusiness Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/