Job Description Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the health care environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Overview : Coordinates and performs picking and filling tasks andrelated activities in support of the medication dispensing process.
Shift: Varied (2nd Shift with every other weekend)
• Coordinate the daily order filling process including all special dispensing situations and requirements as specified in current policies and procedures.
• Accurately fill orders per label directions in a timely manner for final inspection by pharmacist
• Maintain oral, injectable, refrigerator and special emergency boxes.
• Process all back order situations with the assistance of purchasing and or pharmacist.
• Watch inventories and order medications accordingly.
• Stock shelves per policy.
• Checking expiration dates of meds in stock, pulling outdated meds for return or destruction per policy.
• Ensure all completed stock is returned to shelf and return any unused medication to the appropriate area in the pharmacy.
• Ensure all areas of pharmacy are maintained clean and orderly.
• Ability to delegate responsibilities and resolve workflow concerns.
• Communicate with Pharmacy Manager on a routine basis.
• Prepare pharmacy technician work schedules.
• Assist Pharmacy Manager in preparing programs, policy and projects associated with technical responsibilities.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location. May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May walk or stand 80% of day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Required Qualifications-Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
-Efficient problem solving skills.
-Board of Pharmacy Registration required.Preferred Qualifications-Strong knowledge of pharmacy policies and procedures.
-Previous Pharmacy Technician experience.
-Certification preferred.EducationHigh School Diploma or equivalentBusiness Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/