Job Description Are you a strategic technology leader? Do you have theability to see the big picture? Do you want to use data to help drive thedirection of business that in turn impacts the lives of our customers? If yes,we would love to talk to you. We’re looking for a leader for our Big Dataengineering & architecture team, to work closely with Analysts, ProductManagers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers, to support strategicinnovation and road maps, by building Analytic technology architecture thatinforms and drives insights. In this Director level role, you’ll work with some of the brightestminds in the industry and use cutting edge technology, to see your effortsdrive innovation.
The Big Data Platform Leader has strong data platform anddata architecture skills, a consistent track record of leading and scaling datateams, integrity, flexibility, and operational skills to drive efficiency &speed and strong organizational leadership. We pride ourselves on beinginnovative, bold and passionate. If selected for this role, you will have adirect impact on our short and long-term strategy, and play a critical role inredefining the path to Better Health.
- You will provide strong hands on leadership for all technical teams to deliver on our Big data and Analytic architecture strategy.
- You will partner with enterprise architecture, product management, customer support, and marketing teams and central teams in service to delivering industry leading innovation and technical solutions.
- You will hire, mentor and develop extraordinary teams and cultivate an environment of growth both personally and organizationally.
- You will be responsible for developing a hybrid Cloud architecture for the Big data Analytic platforms, Semantic data lakes, enable KPIs in near real-time, improve analyst productivity from days to hours and power Data Driven Personalized experiences.
- You will build robust, fault-tolerant data pipelines that ingests, transforms, and aggregates data.
- You will enable data for analysts, marketers and scientists, to easily innovate and experiment.
- You will provide timely, accurate and reliable data to power business decisions and customer experiences.
- You will drive a data-driven culture; craft and manage metadata, data security, data quality standards, data privacy & compliance policies.
- You will drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- You will lead the delivery of high impact data integration and analytic initiatives on PBM and Retail data lake cluster.
- You will define and manage SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production Define the processes needed to achieve operational & engineering excellence.
- You will innovate and deliver complex products andplatforms at scale with quality.
- 15 years of experience in professional software development.
- 10 years software development craft with hands-on software development experience writing code.
- 5 years hands-on & conceptual understanding & expertise with big data solutions such as Hadoop, Spark, Streaming technologies Streaming technologies and Column Oriented stores and implementation experience with at least of the leading Cloud vendors : Azure or Google cloud preferred.
- 5 years building and retaining a highly engaged and capable team of 20 people or more.
- 5 years Project Management Skills; how to plan, set and manage to reasonable timelines, while delivering projects that align to the business strategy.
EducationBachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering.
- Healthcare or financial services background.
- Familiarity with the major big data solutions and products available in the market.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvements in organizational performance and efficiency, growth and career development for employees and innovation for customers.
Verifiable High School diploma or GED plus equivalent work experience required, one additional year of experience is required for each year of college not attained.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/