Job DescriptionAdvanced Care Scripts (ACS), a CVS Health Company, manages and dispenses specialty medications and products nationwide. Our comprehensive patient care model provides compliance and adherence support and cost-effective solutions for all classes of specialty medications.
As a Patient Care Specialist Flex Team Member, you will support all areas of Patient Care Services and perform benefit verification, prior authorizations, apply for co-pay assistance/Free Drug Program, and schedule medication deliveries.
- You will assist with data entry, handle high-volume calls and adjudicating claims
- You will communicate in a professional manner with pharma partners and referral sources
- Conferences with patient to explain benefits and financial responsibilities, and arranges for funding programs if necessary
- You will schedule patient’s deliveries and addresses all patient needs in one phone call with a positive and caring attitude
- Ensures proper follow-ups are initiated so patient’s therapy is not disrupted
- You will work with Insurance Companies to verify coverage and benefit levels
- Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures
- You will ensure individualized goals are met and serve as subject matter expert as needed
- Displays professional behavior, which aligns with company’s overall code of conduct and ethics
- Two years or more of experience in customer service, customer care or related field
- One year of experience or more in healthcare benefit verification and prior authorizations
- Six or more months working in either Microsoft Excel, Outlook, or Word
- Familiar with co-pay assistance programs
- Call Center experience
- CPR+ experience
- Specialty Pharmacy experience
- High School Diploma or GED
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/