Job DescriptionDo you have the ability to see the big picture? Do you want to use data to help drive the direction of business that in turn impacts the lives of our customers? If yes, we would love to talk to you. The Machine Learning Engineer, Senior Advisor is a member of the IT Analytics COE group. You are a key contributor to the implementation of our strategic Big Data platform, Machine Learning applications and other Enterprise IT strategies like Cloud computing. You will be responsible for planning and executing high-impact actionable insight generate through big data advanced analytics including predictive analytics, and machine learning applications on big data platform. These efforts will help to reduce cost and improve analytics speed to insight by accelerating the pace of Big Data innovation at CVS Health.
We believe this position requires strong attention to details, deep technical expertise, excellent communications skills and extraordinary follow through. You should possess integrity, flexibility, and adaptability in this fast-growing environment.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- You will partner with senior leaders to identity opportunities to leverage big data technologies to better equip business units and their aligned teams with a common set of tools and infrastructure to make analytics faster, more insightful, and more efficient.
- You will build and architect next-generation Big Data machine learning framework developed on a group of core Hadoop technologies.
- You will evaluate new technologies and product research to identify opportunities that impact business strategy, business requirements and performance that can accelerate access to data and automate key data flows. e.g Advanced Machine Learning Technologies.
- You will design highly scalable and extensible Big Data platforms which enables collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels.
- You will define and maintain data architecture, focusing on creating strategy, researching emerging technology, and applying technology to enable business solutions.
- You will assesses and provide recommendations on business relevance, with appropriate timing and deployment.
- You will analyze latest Big Data Analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis.
- You will perform architecture design, data modeling, and implement CVS Big Data platforms and analytic applications.
- You will enable big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies.
- You will develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions, and implementing complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data using multiple platforms.
#DCERequired Qualifications 8 years of professional IT experience including the following:
- Hands-on experience with “big data” platforms and tools including data ingestion (batch & real time), transformation and delivery in Hadoop ecosystem (such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Flume, Ozie, Avro, YARN, Kafka, Storm and Apache Ni-Fi).
- Proficiency in Spark, PySpark, SparkR, Scala, Hive.
- Experience in architecture and implementation of large and highly complex projects using Hortonworks (Hadoop Distributed File System) with Isilon commodity hardware.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing infrastructure and platforms.
- Capability to architect highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools.
- Exposure to Healthcare Domain knowledge.
- Masters in Data Science or Business Analytics
- Proficiency in R and Python
B.S. Computer Science or EngineeringBusiness Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/