Job DescriptionDo you have the ability to see the big picture? Do you want to use data to help drive the direction of business that in turn impacts the lives of our customers? If yes, we would love to talk to you. The Big Data Architect, Senior Advisor is a member of the IT Analytics COE group. You are a key contributor to the implementation of our strategic Big Data platform, Data Lake, Analytic applications and other Enterprise IT strategies like Cloud computing. You will be responsible for planning, architecting and executing data lake, analytics, and machine learning applications on big data platform. You will plan and execute high-impact actionable insight generation through big data advanced analytics including predictive analytics, advanced Machine Learning Technologies that reduce cost and improve analytics speed to insight by accelerating the pace of Big Data innovation at CVS Health.
We believe you should have experience with Data Lake, Data Ingestion, Data Wrangling, and Data Mining platforms. This position requires solid attention to details, deep technical expertise, superb communication and exceptional follow through. You should possess integrity, flexibility, and adaptability in this fast-growing environment. Additionally, you should understand how to apply technologies to solve big data problems and to develop innovative big data solutions.
The Big Data Architect, Senior Advisor is responsible for (but not limited to):
Required Qualifications 8+ years of overall IT experience including the following:
- You will build and architect next-generation Hadoop data lake and analytics applications on a group of core Hadoop technologies.
- You will evaluate new technologies and products, and research to identify opportunities that impact business strategy, business requirements and performance that can accelerate access to data and automate key data flows. e.g Advanced Machine Learning Technologies.
- You will develop highly scalable and extensible Big Data platform which enables collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels.
- You will define and maintain data architecture, focusing on creating strategy, researching emerging technology, and applying technology to enable business solutions.
- You will assess and provide recommendations on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment.
- You will analyze latest Big Data Analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings, adopt and implement these insights and best practices.
- You will perform architecture design, data modeling, and implementation of CVS Big Data platform and analytic applications.
- You will enable big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies.
- You will help facilitate getting data from a variety of different sources, getting it in the right formats, assuring that it adhere to data quality standards, and assuring that downstream users can get that data quickly.
- You will ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented during code migration.
- Experience in evolving/managing technologies/tools in a rapidly changing environment to support business needs and capabilities.
- Experience in conducting performance tuning of Hadoop clusters. Monitor and manage Hadoop cluster job, performance capacity planning, and security.
Preferred QualificationsM.S. in Computer Science or Data Science or Business Analytics
- Hands-on experience with “big data” platforms and tools including data ingestion (batch & real time), transformation and delivery in Hadoop ecosystem (such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Flume, Ozie, Avro, YARN, Kafka, Storm and Apache Ni-Fi)
- Proficiency in HDF/NiFi, Spark, Hive, Hive LLAP
- Experience in architecture and implementation of large and highly complex projects using Hortonworks (Hadoop Distributed File System) with Isilon commodity hardware.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing infrastructure and platforms.
- History of working successfully with multinational, cross-functional engineering teams.
- Capability to architect highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools.
Exposure to Healthcare Domain knowledge. EducationB.S. in Computer Science or EngineeringBusiness Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/