As a Copywriter, you will lead and generate writing and content development for various projects and initiatives across an assigned business unit. You will partner with internal teams to create writing concepts while taking direction from Sr. Manager, Sr. Writer and Creative Directors. As a Copywriter, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate strategic and creative problem solving with a deep understanding of copy to develop compelling ideas that are on brand and meet business objectives. You will partner with Sr. Writers and Design peers to deliver on the brief and project expectations. You will have strong writing and editing skills, including knowledge of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Required Qualifications- 2 years of experience as a writer in an agency and/or corporate environment.
- Lead and generate impactful copy and content that delivers on and adheres to the brand vision, tone and brand standards while ensuring consistency.
- Presents copy concepts, serving as copy subject matter expert in formal meetings with senior and management level team members, for copy review and approval.
- Bring ideas and copy to life across a wide scope of unique projects through innovation and collaboration with peers and internal business teams.
- Develop and maintain trusted partnerships with peers, internal business teams and external agencies.
- Apply deep and demonstrated experience in writing for a broad range of deliverables that include paid, earned and owned channels that include: signing, print, email, DM, social and digital.
- Successfully use skills and knowledge to create compelling themes, ideas and copy that are on brand, and meet or exceed business objectives.
- Partner with design peers and implementation to deliver on the brief and project expectations and ensure execution of ideas and copy as planned.
- Support work as assigned by Sr. Manager and Sr. Writer.
- Online PortfolioPreferred Qualifications• Proven track record as a Copywriter, with a deep understanding of the ways copy helps to inspire action. • Constantly evolving knowledge of contemporary writing and marketing trends. • Strong writing and editing skills, including knowledge of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar. • Demonstrates proficiency in developing copy concepts in at least one functional area like retail, digital or marketing. • Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment. • Demonstrates solid capability with writing for both long, and short form copy. • Ability to understand a marketing brief and translate the input into ideas. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Has experience expressing ideas, concepts, and copy through verbal and in-person presentations. • Ability to take creative direction and incorporate feedback • Excellent team player and the ability to work with cross-functional teams. • Must be flexible and adapt/react to change. • Must be able to multi-task • Working knowledge of Mac and Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office software EducationHigh School Diploma or GED required
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Advertising/Communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/