Job Description As an Employee Relations Manager, you provide dedicated, high quality, professional and experienced Employee Relations (ER) service to all managers and employees. You will be part of the Advice & Counsel Center of Excellence and will be responsible for the delivery and resolution of escalated ER process and practices for assigned business areas, providing expert advice, consultation and guidance to managers working to deliver and ensure appropriate responses to any related Employment issues that arise. You will work to support and maintain a positive ER climate. You will also be the point for high volume and routine formal ER processes. It will be your responsibility for ensuring legislative and CVS Policy compliance in the execution of business activity and CVS culture, ensuring applicable processes and policies are up to date,complaint, maintained and appropriate for achievement of business needs.
You will respond to escalated manager inquiries regarding employment practices,policies, employment laws and compliance guidelines while providing advice and counsel on these issues, policy interpretation and questions.
Additional responsibilities of the ER Manager include:
-Working with ER peers, ensures consistency of advice guidance on any initiatives or projects in enterprise.
- Engages with appropriate business leaders, HRBP leaders and COES to gain specific legal or advice on specific areas, policy revision, cross market issues etc. to ensure the best advice is provided.
- Participating or assigning ER support to business initiates that involve ER oversight review and strategic thoughts.
- Maintaining relationships with labor unions ensuring framework and processes around business engagement are established and followed appropriately.
- Coordinating with appropriate labor unions and advisor leads (organizes meetings, ensure appropriate attention to collective bargaining agreements).
- Providing HR representation for staff in formal processes, consistent processes outcomes, ensuring decisions are consistent with CVS culture and policy.
- Ensuring any ER situations are closed with appropriate recommended action steps and appropriate follow-ups.
- Leading employment termination processes.
- Provides talking points, templates, coaching and guidance, and advice to managers in the completion of ER processes, working to ensure robust and equitable outcomes.
- Conducts ER reviews and audits in line with applicable practices and in support of Compliance team directives.
Required Qualifications 3+ years experience in Employee Relations or Human Resources.
1+ years union experience.
Ability to travel up to 20% of the time. Preferred Qualifications - PHR/SPHR certification.
- PBM industry experience.
-Distribution center experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to present and deliver training.
- Highly organized, and able to prioritize and plan time/resources accordingly, in a dynamic, high pressured environment.
- Good analytical skills and affinity to metrics.
- Experience in MS Office and HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of current state and federal legal and regulatory legislations in Employment Law.
Education - Bachelor Degree.
- Will consider High School Diploma/GED plus experience in lieu of degree. Business Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/