Job DescriptionThe Advisor, Medicare Operations – Business Support, engages cross-functionally with Medicare Operations, Government Services, Member Services, PBM and Enterprise business function colleagues and leaders. The primary focus of this role is to support and enable operational teams to deliver best in class results in key strategic initiatives and also during the Medicare Part D Annual Enrollment Period (AEP); Welcome Season and day-to-day operational planning and issue resolution activities; Acquisitions; and Client/Program Audit follow up support.
The Business Support Advisor will utilize superior analytical, logic, problem resolution and presentation skills to develop, structure, frame and support any recommendations to senior leadership. The advisor will possess a strong understanding of process flows and business requirements in order to collaborate and influence cross functional partners on new procedure implementations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage cross-functionally across Medicare Operations, Government Services, Member Services, PBM and Enterprise business functions to design solutions, develop, test and implement plans; drive results; and resolve issues encountered by the team including the ability to assess and course-correct as necessary.
- Provide tactical support to the Med D Operations team for new requests that require an integrated implementation and support model.
- Scope, plan and influence teams to deliver quantitative and qualitative analyses that will yield critical answers to questions at hand and drive operational efficiency.
- Demonstrate strong capabilities and competencies including design and implementation of strategy for direct and indirect colleague oversight, leadership, ability to influence, ability to own and drive outcomes, development, mentoring, performance evaluation and assessment within the business unit.
Required Qualifications - 3 or more years of demonstrated experience in leading the development, implementation and operational support of healthcare/PBM Industry/CMS operational programs.
- Proven experience guiding, leading, mentoring and facilitating collaboration among team members.
- Demonstrated success in learning quickly and producing superior results supporting various tasks.
Preferred Qualifications - Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analysis and/or measure success.
- Analytical Rigor: Proven capability conducting and managing quantitative and qualitative analysis. Highest level of attention to detail.
- Intellectual Curiosity and Tenacity: Ability and willingness to learn on the fly to understand and solve complex problems.
- Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate and influence effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents, both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization.
- Team Leadership: Highly developed relationship-building and influencing skills to foster effective working relations leading cross functional teams on key initiatives.
- Accountable: Outcome focused and accountable for the end result of the initiative being led (own the outcome).
- Passion for Health Care: A history of work in the health care industry and an ongoing desire to make one of the world’s strongest health care companies even stronger.
EducationBachelor's degree is required. Equivalent experience may substitute.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/