Job DescriptionOmnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic environment? Are you passionate about helping others through providing proper medication and drug-related advice? This position as a Pharmacist provides you the opportunity to work in such an environment while following your passion of helping others. Additionally, you will be a part of an innovative team that values collaboration and integrity. You will manage and direct the Customer Service, Order Entry, and the PV1 departments within the Senior Living Front End Hub toward their primary objectives, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate leads.
- Establishes current and long-range objectives, plans, and policies, subject to approval by Senior Living Senior Management
- Supervises front-end operations to meet the unique needs of Senior Living Communities across all areas of responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with shared services, managers, and employees of Intake, Billing, Adjudication and CIC, to provide an excellent level of support and service to the communities we serve and their residences
- Provides advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies
- Manages all cycle fills for all ALF communities in region and ensures updated physician orders are on hand and accurate and complete cycle fills occur on schedule
- Reviews operating results of the organization, compare them to established objectives, and take steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results
- Oversees Scorecard metrics for all front end operations regarding order entry, customer service and PV1 are met and or plans for improvement are in place to ensure targets and goals are achieved.
- Ensures customer survey results reflect the superior service expected from SL front end operations and take corrective action when facility results warrant. improvement
- Responsible for the hiring and training of front end staff and aligning each employee’s goals with the objective of superior support and service for our customers
- Manages variable expenses within budget
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communications throughout the organization.
- Ensures all organizational activities and operations are executed in compliance with state and federal regulations governing pharmacy operations
- Monitors compliance with all internal policy and procedures
- Implements policies and procedures for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of prescription information and patient health care information, and ensures that all employees of the pharmacy read, sign, and comply with the established policies and procedures
- Implements written policies and procedures to specify the duties to be performed by pharmacy
- BS Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm.D
- Current license to practice pharmacy in good standing in state of CA
- 5 years of pharmacy experience required
- Knowledge of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacist guidelines for practice, state and federal regulations, and drug indicators for Assisted Living centers
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills
- Business acumen
- Ability to manage change and operate within ambiguity
- 5 years in Long Term Care Pharmacy preferred
- Financial acumen and P&L experience
- Experience and expertise working in Oasis and DX Pharmacy Systems.
- 2-3 years management experience
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/