As a Clinical Home Infusion Pharmacist, you will review charts and lab results for an assigned caseload of patients receiving specialized, complex infusion therapy and TPN care. You will communicate routinely with the patient and caregivers; answering questions, gathering information and discussing updates and course recommendations with the physician. You will utilize your excellent written and verbal customer service skills as well as advanced computer skills in order to interact with key caregivers and patients.
Make a difference today by bringing your personal touch and clinical experiences that will support our patient’s one-on-one care.
Pharmacists with Coram CVS/specialty infusion services have a uniquely rewarding setting in which to use their exceptional pharmacy skills. As a national leader in the home infusion field, we seek to hire those special pharmacists who not only possess strong clinical expertise, but also the kind of deep compassion and sensitivity it takes to build one-on-one relationships and support patients receiving infusion therapy in the comfort of their home.
Our El Paso, TX branch is seeking a Home Infusion Pharmacist available M-F, and to participate in the on call rotation. On-call requirements are every other week - two weeks / month.
This is a full time position. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll receive a competitive benefits package that connects you with affordable, flexible and personalized programs for managing your overall well-being.
* Building strong one-on-one relationships with your patients while they are recovering or receiving routine treatments, and supporting remote patients on a routine schedule and as needed.
* Participating in patient evaluation and chart review for acceptance, product selection, device selection and supply management.
* Collect, interpret and evaluate all physician medication orders for therapeutic appropriateness, cost effectiveness, accuracy, safety and completeness.
* Monitor the patient’s progress and assessment results to communicate clinical and technical information with the physician and other members of healthcare team. Most patient contact will be on the phone and, on occasion, you will meet them in our infusion suites.
* Directly supervise pharmacy technicians and support personnel in the appropriate compounding, packaging and labeling of compounded sterile products.
* Assist in training and orientation of new employees, performance improvement activities and educational programs.
* Additional licensure may be required in multi state service areas.
Learn more about Coram: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoramHealthcare
Connect with your recruiter on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/vincentmanchise
* Registered Pharmacist with current license in the State of Texas.
* Current Sterile Compounding and Aseptic Technique Certification - if not employee will have 30 days post hire date to complete required courses and 60 days post hire to pass exam and attain certification.
* Minimum one year hospital or home infusion therapy experience.
* Have and maintain current CPR certification if in direct contact with patients.Preferred Qualifications* Home infusion therapy experience preferred.Education
B.S. or doctorate of pharmacy degree is required.Business Overview
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services. The integration of Coram into CVS Health enables the company to offer enhanced, comprehensive infusion services; expanded payer access; and a national network of more than 85 locations, including 65 ambulatory infusion suites. Providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month, Coram cares for patients through all phases of their healthcare continuum including clinical and compliance monitoring, and individual patient counseling. CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues embrace fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service to meet the needs of the many people and businesses relying on us each day.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/