The Senior Advisor, Architecture is responsible for independently managing or assisting the Applications Manager in identifying the business needs of their customers and stakeholders to determine IT solutions to business problems. Part of their role is to be an advocate, thought-partner and “voice of the business” within IT and across the full system domain and is the initial point of contact in IT for the business. It is a senior level position responsible for ensuring the IT solution satisfies the business needs. They understand the Business Unit’s vision and maintain the application 3-year Project Roadmap. They also lead business teams and cross-competency teams related to business solution planning and business case development. The role may also consist of organizational and operations requirements and process improvements. The Senior Advisor, Architecture sometimes performs the role of Project Owner and manages vendor relationships. They work collaboratively with business representatives, Project Management and varied IS teams to develop and implement the specific technology and architecture necessary to deliver business solutions. Leads or manages other Architects through the solutions planning effort. In addition, this person may have responsibility for a team of Associates, and is responsible for providing guidance, direction, feedback and coaching to ensure team effectiveness.Required Qualifications
- Minimum of 8 years of successful business analysis, system solution analysis or project management experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the software development methodology lifecycle, including business planning, data analysis, process analysis and design, business and functional requirements analysis, use case analysis, system design, development, testing and implementation
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in and/or leading dynamic cross-competency teams using a structured project methodology
- Ability to build client relationships and create client satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to bridge communication amongst technical and non-technical project staff and customers.
- Excellent reasoning and strong decision making skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to motivate and develop team members.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or Pharmacy Degree required. Experience may be considered in lieu of education
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/