Job DescriptionJob Summary: The Lead Facilities Maintenance Technician (III) will beresponsible for leading maintenance, repair, preventive and corrective actionson production, support and facility equipment.
Schedule: Monday- Friday 7:00am-3:30pmKey Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Maintenance Technician staffing assignments as appropriate working closely with the Maintenance Manager.
- Will work closely with quality and production groups to ensure strict compliance withgood manufacturing practices guidelines at all times.
- May assign department personnel appropriatelyto meet required schedule needs.
- Ensures all applicable regulations are follow.
- Serve in an assistant supervisory role and fulfill necessary duties in Manager absence.
- Responsiblefor maintaining competency of and routinely performing Facilities MaintenanceTechnician II (Job Code 862702) responsibilities.
- Review the operation of packaging equipment and systems constantly to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain areas and department documentation in compliance with SOPs, WIs and cGMPs.
- Works with Maintenance Manager to determine schedules, sequences, and personnel assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Assist in setting the pace of the maintenance department to ensure work is performedin a consistent manner while maintaining high safety and quality standards.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate maintenance policies and procedures.
- Perform investigations and associated documentation required for CAPA program.
- Coordinate training of Facilities Maintenance Technicians II new-hires.
- Ability to work on multiple, changing projects/priorities.
- Assist in training packaging technicians in the technical aspects of operating packaging equipment; assist in training printing technicians in the technical aspects of operating printing equipment.
- Meet all requirements of the current Preventative Maintenance and Work Order system.
- Identify root causes of machine downtime and make recommendations to correct.
- Identify and write Change Control request, Deviations, Non-Conformances, and ActionPlans sheets as required.
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employeesafety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violationsof procedures and safety rules.
- Effectively communicate objectives to all assigned personnel.
- Ensure team/department compliance with SOPs and WIs.
- Take an active role in elimination of non-conformances through root cause analysis and preventive action implementation.
- Coordinate maintenance activities with other departments as needed.
- Help identify continuous improvement and cost savings opportunities.
- Execute and review validation protocols for manufacturing support equipment.
- Independently champion manufacturing or facility related improvement projects.
- Perform select (non-wage related) administrative duties required for maintenance department.
- Ability to perform at or above established quality and productivity standards.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA, FDA, OSHA, and EPA andDEA.
- Display behavior which exemplifies CVS Employee Code of Conduct, CVS Core Values, andCVS Engagement Objectives.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
- Technical school graduate or equivalent with 2 years lead maintenance work experience, or 10 years internal maintenance experience (or similar industry), or similar combination of education and experience.
- AutoCad or similar design software proficiency.
- Basic knowledge of PLC functions
- Ability to read/follow equipment schematics
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, Project, Power Point)
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Reliable with confidential information.
- Ability to use expertise to solve problems.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work with very little supervision.
- Proofreading Skills.
- Proficient in troubleshooting.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and planning skills.
- PLC programming knowledge.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to lead by example and direct maintenance day to day maintenance priorities and activities.
- The ability to work in a team environment, which includes being self-motivated, accepting responsibilities, completing assigned action items, and participating in a proactive manner in all team events.
- Broad technical knowledge of controls and mechanisms.
- Trouble shooting of mechanical, electrical (including 3 phase), and pneumatic systems.
- Associate or B.S Degree
- Thermoforming process knowledge.
- Printing Press process knowledge.
- Formal cGMP training or equivalent experience in regulated industry.
- 3 years’ maintenance lead experience in food or pharmaceutical industry
- 3 years of experience in a leadership role developing individuals, mentoring and team building environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/