Job DescriptionIf you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do and solving complex problems while contributing to helping patients on their path to better health, consider growing your career as an Analytics Associate with the CVS Health Business to Business (B2B) Innovation team!
This role will focus on helping CVS Health identify and assess strategies to realize value in our B2B partnerships. As an Analytics Associate, you will work with a high-energy team that is motivated by the opportunity to drive better health outcomes for our patients and realize financial results for CVS Health. We want to uncover new opportunities for our B2B partnerships, develop innovative strategies to drive results and then operationalize these strategies across our ~10,000 pharmacies. We’re excited for this work – so we look forward to working with somebody who shares our passion and excitement!
Your Typical Day Here Could Include:
• Independently designing and conducting a complex analysis (e.g. addressing multiple variables and dependencies) using large and sometimes messy data sets – or providing feedback to a junior team member working on an analysis• Debugging and demystifying an Excel model or SQL query passed along to you that just seems to not be working (and jumping with joy when you figure it out)• Mini-testing in a set of stores – coming up with an idea that you think will drive value, figuring out how we can best test the hypothesis, and then working with colleagues across the org and in stores to actually run it• Leading the development of a new internal capability, patient outreach campaign, or patient service offering – including meeting with teams across the organization to figure out the implementation process, determining just the right wording for a messaging campaign, and handling any issues that arise• Developing a “story” and accompanying deck that concisely summarizes findings across several initiatives and creates specific recommendations for the executive management team• Building a report for senior leadership to track the results of a B2B partnership – and working to refine and automate the report so insights can be updated and provided regularly• Brainstorming with your colleagues to build out a creative approach for a new problem• Preparing material and presentations in a way that can be easily understood by non-subject matter experts• Setting up time to meet with colleagues to plan a career development training or a team social activity
This Job Might Be For You If:
• You enjoy solving complex problems. If you don’t know how to do something, you work to find the answers. You don’t get frustrated easily when something doesn’t go the way you planned.• You can take complicated concepts and communicate them effectively to a variety of audiences. You write well. You pay attention to the details. You can articulate your thoughts eloquently.• You enjoy working in teams with a diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. You get satisfaction from helping your teammates succeed. You listen to others’ ideas with an open mind.• You value innovation. You are comfortable questioning the status quo. You are willing to take calculated risks. You are always looking for new ways to improve existing processes.• You are self-motivated. You are eager to step up and take on new and exciting challenges. You take ownership of your work. You pay attention to the details. You notice that the phrase “You pay attention to the details” was used twice in this job description.• You’re a leader. And you know that that means more than leading people. You know that it means taking initiative with a project…anticipating the next steps and taking action before asked.• You take charge of your own career growth and development. You have goals and you see how this position will help you get there.• You enjoy spending your weekends completing Coursera/Kahn Academy/General Assembly/edX classes to learn a new coding language. You like Sudoku. You sometimes do GMAT math problems for fun. You could figure out how to solve three-dimensional tic-tac-toe.Required Qualifications2 + years of experience in a role that involves strategic problem solving and/or new product development (e.g., consulting, with a quantatative focus) 2 + years of analytical experience designing and executing complex analyses using SQL, Tableau or Access 2+ years of experience in MS office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) Preferred Qualifications
EducationBachelors Degree Business Overview
- Advanced degree (e.g., Master’s in Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, etc.)
- Additional database/coding knowledge Knowledge and experience working with healthcare data a plus
- Comfort engaging diverse stakeholders, including but not limited to legal, IT, and compliance
- The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of stakeholders, both verbally and on paper, and with all levels of an organization
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/