succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
- Manager front end staff using the proper procedures to enter new and refill prescription orders.
- Supervise the daily prescription order entry process including all special situations and requirements as specified in current policies and procedures.
- Maintain a pharmacy order entry training program and ensure that all order entry technicians are appropriately trained according to current policies and procedures.
- Implement and monitor compliance with policies and procedures to ensure uniform and accurate entry of all information necessary to complete a prescription order - including new admission, discharge, physician file, and any others as may be necessary.
- Monitor entry production levels by employees through computer generated reports to provide even distribution of new and refill prescription processing.
- May assist in data entry, as needed.
- Coordinate with third party billing department all requirements to ensure prompt and accurate billing is accomplished and procedures are in place to ensure that entry information is complete.
- Review Medicaid and other third party pre-bill edit reports for necessary action and order entry before tape run.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
- Management Responsibilities: (if applicable) Maintain appropriate staffing of the order entry department. Prepare order entry technician work schedules Responsible for providing employees with timely, candid and constructive feedback; developing employees to their full potential and providing challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology (including sig codes and Roman numerals), brand and generic names of medications, and general pharmacy terminology
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Data entry experience
- Pharmacy technician experience
- At least one (1) year experience supervising a high volume pharmacy data entry department
- High School Diploma or equivalent
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/