Job Description The Category Strategy & Profit Improvement team develops and recommends strategies to improve business performance by working closely with Merchandising leadership in analyzing market trends and dynamics, vendor/brand economics and productivities, customer loyalty, and related assortment optimization opportunities. The team leverages strategic sourcing and vendor negotiation tactics to bolster the impact of strategic recommendations and incrementally improve business outcomes.
The Strategy Analyst, Category Strategy &Profit Improvement will be charged with supporting and driving select strategy and profit improvement initiatives in partnership with Category Managers and Category Management leadership.
The hiring manager will consider entry level candidates for high potential self starting, intellectually curious,entrepreneurial new graduates, as well as more experienced professionals with the same qualities.
- Drive strategy and profit improvement projects within the larger portfolio of projects
- Perform analysis to identify sales, cost, and profit opportunities across SKUs and vendors through rigorous analysis and research, including: assessment of SKU/Vendor/Brand/Promotional incrementality, competitive bench-marking(space,brands, SKUs), market insights, customer insights (eg, surveys, Customer analytics), vendor insight (cost structures, motivations), and extensiveSKU/brand/vendor-level analysis (relative productivity, profitability, brand loyalty, transferability, etc.)
- Develop analytical materials to be shared internally during category reviews and assortment discussions with the Merchandising team
- Develop"Ask" materials to be shared with vendors during negotiations
- Provide direct vendor negotiations support to Merchants
- Utilize sourcing tools and processes (e.g. RFPs, eAuctions) to ensure selection of best vendors for Store Brand and other commoditized products (considering cost,quality, value, availability, etc).
- Enhance and enforce documentation, archiving, and audit processes for agreements with vendors
- Work on special projects, ad hoc analysis, and initiatives related to assortment performance and cost reduction and management.
You will exhibit:
- Intense interest in learning new things and intellectual curiosity
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to conceptualize complex quantitative analysis and build analytical models using Microsoft Excel (or if limited prior experience – quickly learn to be an expert in Excel)
- Ability to communicate to management & key stakeholders with poise and credibility
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing via Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to lead and prioritize multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with Merchandising Directors & other stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing work priorities
- An open and transparent communication style that quickly builds trust and respect
You will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. You will also need to be a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment.
Required Qualifications Four-year college degree or equivalent experience; some advanced training in Finance, Economics, Mathematics and/or
other quantitative analytical degree a plus-
-Experience using Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
Preferred QualificationsMerchandising experience - understanding of retail merchandising basics (ie, category management), and merchandising organizational structures and processes
Education Four-year college degree or equivalent experience; some advanced training in Finance, Economics, Mathematics and/or
other quantitative analytical degree a plus
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/