Job DescriptionCVS Health has a dynamic opportunity for a Strategic Sourcing Category Manager to join our dedicated Procurement team. You will be responsible for the development and execution of procurement strategies that drive cost savings to a selected indirect spend category(s).
The Strategic Sourcing team handles over $5B in annual indirect spend and supports key business units across the enterprise (e.g. Marketing, Logistics, HR, Construction, etc.). You will identify and quantify cost reduction opportunities in the assigned category(s) through spend analytics, market intelligence, and review of current vendor agreements. You will also play a meaningful role representing procurement on large scale strategic enterprise initiatives and special projects (e.g. sourcing process transformation, acquisition integration, etc.).
You will report to either the Sr. Manager or Manager of Strategic Sourcing, and will work in a collaborative environment that provides support and guidance to ensure Strategic Procurement is effectively serving its internal partners and meeting established financial savings targets.
This position will be located in Cumberland, RI.
Your primary responsibilities are to:
• Works with business leaders to identify cost savings opportunities; provide analytical support to quantify and prioritize projects with the highest value
• Leading multiple concurrent medium-to-large sourcing engagements for the category(s) to which the advisor is assigned
• Working with business owners to develop bid strategies, compile scope of work/requirement documents, draft and publish RFx events
• Developing and presenting comprehensive bid analysis packages, both quantitative and qualitative, to inform leadership’s decisions on key projects
• Facilitating and leading meetings with internal business leaders and external suppliers; conduct comprehensive quarterly reviews with leaders for assigned categories.
• Leading cost and business term negotiations with suppliers, collaborate with Legal and/or Contracts to mitigate contractual redlines prior to award
• Effectively communicating and demonstrating Strategic Sourcing’s value proposition with regards to driving cost savings and RFP vendor selection
• Using internal and external resources to find opportunities to build the sourcing project pipeline:
• Market intelligence tools
• Category spend data
• Expiring contract reports
Required Qualifications• 5+ years of experience in a role related to sourcing/procurement, accounting, finance, analytics, or supply chain.
• Experience utilizing the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) in a professional setting.
• Ability to travel as needed, for business needs.
Preferred Qualifications• Strong analytical ability, ability to think strategically, and learn and process new information quickly.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to confidently and expertly interact with staff and leadership.
• Shown ability to handle multiple tasks without direct supervision, while paying strong attention to detail and follow-up.
• Ability to quickly capture, analyze, and summarize data.
• Strong organization and project management skills.
• Eager to gain new experiences, qualifications, and responsibilities.
• Experience with electronic sourcing platforms, such as Ariba eSourcing, strongly preferred.
Education• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Degrees in Finance or Accounting, or MBA with a similar concentration preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/