We are searching for an experienced, enthusiastic, and innovative leader to join our analytic development organization focusing on prescription benefit management and specialty pharmacy areas of the enterprise. This role will focus on supporting one of the core functions of our business, you will work closely with multiple business partners, leading a group of analytics professionals, to deliver a range of analytic solutions to help enable data-driven decision-making to influence patient, caregiver, and prescriber experience and outcomes related to CVS Health programs and services. You will focus on analytics in support of utilization management programs to help manage program performance against internal goals and benchmarks, as well as client financial and patient satisfaction outcomes, and to identify opportunities for program optimization, improvement, and innovation.Required Qualifications1. 10-15 years of progressive experience in the analytics field The essential roles and responsibilities of the role are to: - Partner with product innovation and management leaders, as well as clinicians, sales and marketing partners, to identify existing and evolving business needs which can be effectively solved with a variety of analytic approaches. - Engage with executive leadership to identify areas where analytics can drive business value, frame business problems into analytic questions, and translate analytics into business value - Develop and execute a prioritized analytic strategy to address the business needs and partner with analytic leaders from the Enterprise Analytics organization and IT as needed to delivery on the strategy. - Oversee coordinated and consistent analytic support for the enterprise suite of utilization management programs (Prior Authorization, Quantity Limits, Step Therapy, Specialty Guideline Management, etc) across both pharmacy and medical benefits. - Envision, define and deliver advanced analytic solutions to drive enhanced utilization management outcomes, such as case volume forecasting, automated outlier detection, predictive modeling based on artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, population segmentation and risk stratification. - Deliver analytic solution methodologies and capabilities to enable automated insight generation and reporting, such as identification and closure of data gaps, metrics and measurement methodology development, design and prototyping of self-service reporting and data visualization solutions, and adhoc analytic studies. - Leverage core pharmacy and medical claims data as well as identify and utilize other data sources (EMR, lab results, clinical data and notes) to provide actionable and relevant and timely analytic insight.
- Recruit, lead and develop a staff of 5+ Master’s and PhD level analytics professional, defining team and individual goals, managing performance and providing onboarding support and ongoing mentorship.
2. Proven team leadership and management experience, with ability to recruit, engage and develop staff with advanced degrees and diverse backgrounds and in different geographic locations, ability to allocate resources based on priority and skill level, strengths, and area of expertise; ability to train and mentor junior colleagues.
3. Solid understanding and hands on experience with a variety of analytic processes and techniques, including health economics outcomes research, measurement methodologies development, hypothesis testing, statistical significance
testing, modeling and machine learning.
4. Solid understanding and hands on experience working with large data sources, particularly administrative claims and clinical program data, focusing on efficient data extraction from large databases, data manipulation, and setting up optimized summary data layers.
5. Proven ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with non-analytic business partners, including executive leadership, in order to elicit business needs and formulate, propose and refine analytic solutions in order to meet the business needs and to drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements and business value.
6. Excellent written and oral communication and data presentation skills, with ability to tailor the communication style to the right audience, from the analytic professional to the senior business leaders.
7. Excellent project management skills with ability to lead and engage in multiple projects and initiatives and appropriately prioritize one’s own time as well as that of the direct reports. 8. Deep understanding of the healthcare administration landscape and CVS Health business model, including patient and payer concerns, as well as the operational considerations in support of the business objectives.
9. Extensive hands-on experience with SAS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau and other data, statistical and data visualization tools and techniques, and ability to investigate and adapt emerging analytic tools and solutions into the analytic standard operating procedures.
Preferred Qualifications- Management consulting experience a plus
- Working knowledge of pharmacy benefits utilization management programs, such as prior authorization and step therapy,
with understanding of the underlying clinical consideration
degree in a related discipline, such as epidemiology, public
health, statistics, biostatistics, health economics, pharmacy or related field,
or MBA with training in statistics and health services utilization analytics. Business Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/